Thread: Fan speed control git help

maru487 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Fan speed control git help

i all...

I'm an electronics tech so my programming experience is limited, but I gave several attempts at trying to compile a fan control routine from the git repository.

I download VM Virtual Box and did all the PSl1ght setup, but when I started to get into the nitty gitty it would complain about not finding this or that. I would change the code to call the correct locations for the other modules, but I ended up with my brain in knots trying to sort it out.

Anyways... I was hoping to find someone here that would be able to get it going, both for my own PS3, but also to let anyone else know about it. Seems like a more elegant method then adding a PWM hardware circuit especially if it could be added as a boot time program

Here's the git: fanctrl in DangerBlarg - git-hacks.com

Thanks... hope this will be of interest.

Mr_WoRRieD is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

well i builded my own pwm design and it still works great, no code needed and no headache

maru487 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I've seen the different circuits and such... personally I would just wire it in at 100% all the time, but it's not elegant enough for me.

A CFW with fan controls would be much better. I guess the XBOX360 is easier to program even though it completely sucks ass as a media center.