Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anonymous Hackers Have theory for Duel Firmware PS3.. Could Speed up CFW 3.60 3.61

Brok3nZA is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Anonymous Hackers Have theory for Duel Firmware PS3.. Could Speed up CFW 3.60 3.61

Anonymous Hackers Release PDF Theory for Dual Firmware PS3 - Could Lead to 3.6x+ Key Decryption/CFW

An anonymous group of hackers have contacted us with a PDF which they have released, that could end up being a game changer for the PS3 scene. The PDF outlines a theory for building a dual firmware PS3, which they say could lead to the dumping and decrypting of 3.60/3.61 keys. With these keys you could expect a whole new crop of custom firmwares for 3.60/3.61. Please note this is a highly technical document, which is only meant for advanced users. The developments stemming from these documents (CFW) will help a wider, lesser skilled audience.

Download: PS3 Ed2.pdf (137.56 KB)

ATTENTION: 05/23 Anonymous hackers release PDF theory for dual firmware PS3; Could lead to 3.6x+ key decryption/CFW!

05/23/2011 For Immediate Release:
    The beginning of dual-firmware PS3:

The technique outlined in the .PDF will help people learn more about 3.6x firmwares.
    The solution relies on the implementation of a second NOR/NAND Flash.
    Some technical limitations have been identified. But time will help us to remove them.

The information in the document is still theoretical for the moment, however please post results from your testing.

We believe knowledge and information wants to be free.
    Learn what you can and help contribute to making the PS3 scene a better place.
    Released by No_One.

Source: Anonymous

Read more: PSGroove.com - Anonymous Hackers Release PDF Theory for Dual Firmware PS3 - Could Lead to 3.6x+ Key Decryption/CFW http://psgroove.com/content.php?1065...#ixzz1NGuHVv4h

Spad3z is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thumbs up

very interesting,so, this will boot ofw or cfw from flash drive,but an inturnal switch could be tricky only because of the files on the ps3,the slightest change could cause errors to one fw...but then again you'll all ways have another fw giveing you the abilty to fix your errored fw wiles on another fw.. anyways as long as your flash drive is your main directory there shouldn't be any problems,so,where ever the ps3 picks up its main source of info,you will cut that line out,and draw the source towards an exturnal drive.this is like pull ps3 inturnals inside out,not literally,what you need is a program to force the switch, its like OSX running XP,or what ever computer you use running another OS.

soo in theory,(just clearing this up for my self);

[=](this is your ps3)----
    and this is new source|---------[]and this is your hdd,aka ps3 inturnals

but you want your ps3 to think its inturnals are on the outside eg,an hdd.
    should this work,its not really dual fw,but single fw,with 2 sources.

these are notes,i'll continue research o this later... also,to the person who thought of this,what your doing is like turning a hdd into a ps3,only thing is,its not

also,did anyone else read the trash every1 posted about hackers on gamespot,very depressing stuff,if they only knew what sony is hideing from use,what this ps3 machine is really capable of, then they would rethink the whole sony vs hackers thing

kk i gotta go,take this kidd to the park,dont delete this,i'll need it to jump my mem. ty,and plz post your thoughts on what i wrote,if i'm thinking in the right direction or not

knowledge is power lol

Mr_WoRRieD is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

they talk about nand chips , and as long as you don't touch the switch when a firmware is installing nothing bad can happen , it is chip select right?

also what is inturnal

Smok3y666 is offline -Hacks Newbie

How come eveything on this site is copied and pasted from other sites weeks after it's already been posted?

CaseSensitive is offline -Hacks Newbie

Whaaa? The pdf is already gone, but I hope its not something retarded like switching chip during a decryption so the keys gets dumped. Unless they changed the decryption process, ps3 always decrypt things with a SPE in isolation mode which means things don't dump to the nand flash.

UnecMKD is offline -Hacks Newbie

Noone knows if it works...

Revel8n is offline -Hacks Newbie

Theory, eh?
    Hmm.. hopefully it becomes the real thing. I heard that 6.31 has the access for PSN.

.. Now lets wait ....

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

Duel Firmware? I don't want my FW to duel.

Anyway, this is going pretty far for you guys to get free games isn't it?

Tragik is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ERIFNOMI View Post
    Duel Firmware? I don't want my FW to duel.

Anyway, this is going pretty far for you guys to get free games isn't it?
    lol I hate it when my Fw gets to duel...it's like getting a long shot ballistic blade in blackops...looks cool but still it's just a knife :/

king kaos is offline -Hacks Member

DUEL FW or not - its just another step for multiple FW or even an ULTRA FW.

either way its just an outline of how it works internally - pretty sure the final stages are complete from the looks of it.

as for the exploit group ANONymous - you guys are possibly the best hackers since legion of doom!!!

TAKE DOWN THE CIA!!!!

HAIL TO TH E K I N G B A B Y!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast