The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Thread: Own PSN rented movies

HaRi_PR is offline -Hacks Newbie

So yesterday I rented a movie from PSN and i was wondering if there is a way to actually transfer that movie to your PC so you could burn it to a DVD, share it on a torrent site and hack it so it wont expire. I google it but i found nothing. So I decided to try it myself. This morning I began my project and so far everything is going well.

I manage to transfer the movie to my PC using the back up utility and once I access the HDD that contains the movie back up. I found many pieces of the movies and a BKP file. Right now I manage to join all the pieces and got a file that doesn't have an extension. The size is 6.51GB. So thats definitely the HD movie, but is not in a video format. But I found out is an MP4 file. So i converted the file to mp4 and BAM I got the movie on my computer. The problem is that when I played it, it doesn't have audio or video. But it plays the file, the program doesn't tell me that the file is damage or something like that and you can see is 1:48:50 length. So what's the problem?

Now i'm gonna try out a theory I have and see if it works. So stay tuned because ill be posting any updates here on PS3-Hacks. And also if you think you know why there is no sound or video please let me know: cangri.2227@hotmail.com

P.S. Sorry for my bad english ;)

BCapper92 is offline -Hacks Ninja

Ah, okay misread the fact you had it backed up externally.

Mick is offline Coma -Hacks Titan

external drive that he used to backup on the ps3

K so i try out my little theory and it didn't work. Maybe the BKP file has something to do with why it wont show any video or audio. So im gonna be working with that file now. Please if you think you can help me than email me or post a reply on something i could try.

P.S. HELP ME!!!

The_Wii_Nes_Boy is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Um why waste your time doing all that? I can go and download just about any HD film off the net and it doesn't have any restrictions on it plus it doesn't cost me anything besides a little electricity and internet costs.

If the file was already a MP4 there was no reason for you to convert it, all you had to do was add the .mp4 extension to the end of the file name.

The Wired Network Box - World of Stuff
    \"We don\'t share pirated copyright content, we just like liberating content held hostage for a ridiculous price.\"
    Never shall I bow to the Power that isn\'t!

pachufir is offline -Hacks Member

i concur ^
    PSN: Pachufir add me

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Movies you download to the PS3 through the store uses DRM. Even if you could get it off the PS3, it won't play on anything else.

yeah I figure that out, because I got the movie on my computer but unable to play it. Thats the thing i'm trying to hack right now.