Ladies & Gentlemen finally we can remarry BD boards to different consoles!
* The file was just posted over at DemonHades by one of the members (max1985)
* Put these onto a blank usb stick (not the devusb folder, just it's contents) & add a 2.30 PUP FILE!
* Put in the servive mode dongle and get into factory service mode.
* Put the newly created USB stick into port 0 (closest to the reader) and run.
* After you run the initial remarry process, do not take it out of factory service mode.
* Put a BD disc in and run it on the PS3. (This restores your DRL files!)
* The you can take it out of factory service mode.
* Launch as normal.
I have not done extensive testing yet, but have just remarried a BD board from a 60gig launch to a 40gig console.
*** ! PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ! ***
As with all new things, doing this totally at the end-user risk, we here at PSX-SCENE have not done any testing on this very risky firmware progress. -- But a couple of facts we should point out, their may be different models which will NOT work at all, due to the fact some BD Drives are designed for Dual-Eye lasers vs. Single-Eye lasers, and IDE vs. SATA drive hookup. -- Also this most likely is only designed for the FAT 256mb NAND systems, as the 16mb NOR and Slim's use a different drive board marriage system. -- And finally DO NOT TRY THIS ON v3.56 consoles, as YOU CURRENTLY CAN'T EXIT SERVICE MODE!
Because i've seen more posts in the help section about bd's and this could fix most of them.
And i wouldn't class this as a hack per say more of a repair tool and yes i know its a hack lol.
No worries. I moved it here because it would most likely get more views. Some days I dont visit help because of the redundancy of the same questions over and over again. Im sure others are like that as well.
Is there anyone that knows just what the limits of the BR remarry are? I've got a bmd006 drive that was going to attempt to remarry to a cecha01 (bmd001) playstation. (just to clear it up, I have the controller board and hardware for each drive and I'm NOT trying to swap the 006 logic board onto the 001 hardware, simply attempting to remarry the bmd006 drive and logic board with my CECHA01 ps3)
At any rate, is it possible to do this? Or do I have to use a br drive that uses a bmd001 logic board to remarry.
I.E. can ANY br drive be remarried to ANY model ps3? I've searched for awhile and can't seem to find any info as to what works and what doesn't.
The PSP has developed a stubborn inability to connect to WiFi networks using WPA2-Personal, which basically everyone is using nowadays. I looked, and I looked... and I looked. Still, I could find no...