Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Supported Video Codecs - If Your Movie Won't Work, Read This!

Mr_WoRRieD is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

i hoped i could play 1080p wmv files, but they won't work , is it usefull to convert it? or is 1080p wvc not so great quality afterall.

imported_Redpizzi is offline -Hacks Newbie

i found a program called Magic Video Convertor....you can download and you can choose any file or format.....just having trouble finding one that will work on the PS3.......
    If anyone have used this program or know which option is best to use, please let me know

sc_bond is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Redpizzi
    i found a program called Magic Video Convertor....you can download and you can choose any file or format.....just having trouble finding one that will work on the PS3.......
    If anyone have used this program or know which option is best to use, please let me know
    Use ps3video9. It's designed for converting to the supported codecs and it's very easy to use. I did, however, find that it would freeze and would require a reinstall but it's worth a try. On the other hand, just stick to MPEG-4 or DivX.

imported_wicked1z is offline -Hacks Newbie

I use winavi mp4 converter. It is a good small program that will also do ipod or psp and it will also make thm files to go with your psp vids(icon that shows up in xmb)

Buddahz75 is offline -Hacks Newbie

So whats the best format to convert all non working videos into that the PS3 will play superbly..??
    Whats the best format to convert videos into that are HD 720P or 1080P..??
    Whats just the best all round format to convert all videos into that the PS3 can play flawlessly..??
    How would you get the PS3 to play files that over 4GB since FAT32 HDD's can only handle Max file sizes of 4GB..??

FamilyGuy1 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Buddahz75
    So whats the best format to convert all non working videos into that the PS3 will play superbly..??
    Whats the best format to convert videos into that are HD 720P or 1080P..??
    Whats just the best all round format to convert all videos into that the PS3 can play flawlessly..??
    How would you get the PS3 to play files that over 4GB since FAT32 HDD's can only handle Max file sizes of 4GB..??
    Just use mkvtovob and convert to vobs (only mkvs work though). You can burn the large ones to dual layer dvds or set the converter to split the file at certain sizes. You could also have the converter to output the file on to an external HDD, just be sure that drives file format is Fat32 first.

White Knight Chronicles Addict 1200+hrs

Buddahz75 is offline -Hacks Newbie

is there any good media converters to convert MKV files into DivX or Xvid , AVI or MP4 Files..??

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Did you not read the post just before yours, and just about every other one that refers to MKV2VOB?

karnov_torok is offline -Hacks Newbie

FOR 1080P DESIRES READ FURTHER ------>

isohunt.com search mkv2vob That will convert any of those large .mkv bluray rips.... since the ps3 will only read fat32 drives you need to check fill splitting for a fat32 system... unless it is actually small enough to fit on a Dl-dvd. I also suggest turning on "always transcode DTS" ... if you don't there is a pretty good chance your sounds not going to play right.... although most mkv files don't actually have to be fully converted you'll find a few that takes several hours... Generally they are finished in like 4 minutes. If you have an external Hard-drive and don't want to format to fat 32 c-net or download.com for EASEUS Partition Master 5.0.1 Home Edition . Unlike swissknife and other programs, this one works fine with windows 7... just be carefull not to resize partitions more than once with one application... good chance that you'll corupt the drive.. have to format then have to wait another 14 hours or so for a full file recovery :-> Might sound time consuming, but for those of you without 2000 for a bd-burner, its well worth getting into.
    I'm sure there are other vob converters out there, but if you have the hardware (ps3) go ahead and get the best files out there!

yeah... more or less just like the post three above... but mabey... just MABEY, someone will see this one, the more there are, the better the chances :->

xseoer is offline -Hacks Newbie

Wonderful!!!
    My movie can work now !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast