Thread: getting ready to hack questions

aaronwhat22 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default getting ready to hack questions

Hey everyone!
    Ok so here it is, I am getting ps4 in November and I am ready to hack my ps3 but first I wanted to get a few things cleared up. Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this as I don't know anyone who has hacked there system before.

1. I use the same gamer tag for my ps3 and vita and plan on using it on ps4, I dont want to lose my trophies and everything else that goes with that so i was wondering how hacking would effect that? I understand I will be banned from psn but Im hoping to at least be able to save my gamer tag and trophies for the ps4.

2. I use netflix quite often and hope there is a way to still be able to log in without being signed in to the psn.

3. I dont really understand the whole homebrew thing, as far as I understand (please correct me if Im wrong) how this works is you download a hacked update that allows you to run software like games and apps that you don't "exactly" own onto your usb drive and update the system from that drive.

Honestly the reason I want to do this is to be able to play some of the games I have lost from friends borrowing them and not returning them. I lend alot and lose track just as fast. I have a pretty impressive library and am not really interested in titles I don't already have its just I really don't wanna spend more money on games I paid for in the past. Plus, it just sounds like some fun.

Thanks in advance.

g-dog is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Software version of ps3 ? Hardware model ?

aaronwhat22 is offline -Hacks Newbie

cechl01

g-dog is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I think you can downgrade to 3.55 using a hardware flasher and then upgrade to a custom firmware.
    It is possible if your PS3 came with a factory version equal to or less than 3.55.
    This way you can run any homebrews.
    Any firmware above 3.55 cannot be hacked via software means.
    But any version and any PS3 can nowadays be fooled to think there is a game inside the blu ray drive. The procedure is called emulation.
    I think it is best for you as you just want to try some games and you have no clue what hacking is all about.
    Buy any Optical Drive Emulator which you mount on your ps3 and use it to play games from an external hard drive.
    You can also run homebrews , but only the ones that do not require peek and poke syscalls, which were removed in 3.56 and up due to being used to jailbreak 3.55.

alicechase33 is offline -Hacks Newbie

very helpful indeed