The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Thread: blue-ray drive not accepting discs?

fredtanner is offline -Hacks Newbie

Somethings wrong with my blue-ray drive on my Slim PS3. I had a DVD stuck in the drive that would not eject (did not even try. no sound from the drive). I physically removed the disc and "reset" the drive loading mechanism to make it realize there was no disc in the drive and the drive should be ready to accept discs. After I powered the PS3 back up, it still will not accept discs.

I verified the drive is getting power and by all other accounts, the PS3 is functional.

Not sure why it just "died" all of a sudden. The disc ("netflix") was in the unit for several weeks unpowered. Leading up to this event, the PS3 would sometimes not recognize that a disc was in the player. I would have to reboot and then it would work with no problems.

My question is where should I begin troubleshooting this problem? What could be the problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Fred

N3CHAY is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have the same exact probelm. Did you find a solution because I would really want to know how to fix this.

Mr_WoRRieD is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

so, you mean the drive won't take the disc inside? , if that's the case then maybe the photoled isnt working anymore.

i don't know if the drive in the fat one is different then the one in the slim model, but if you physically removed the disc then you had to unplug the small connector with the red and black wires (very small and brittle) ,they lead to the photoled

in my case the red wire came loose from the connector, wasnt visible first with the naked eye , i had to repair the cable

ertyu is offline -Hacks Newbie

Mine was in the same state. I got a new drive and seem to have now discovered that the controller board seems to be the faulty part. The new drive will take disks, but with the old controller it wont.