The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Thread: Bluetooth problems

athum3andanub is offline -Hacks Newbie

I am having problems with my bluetooth. I can only use controllers when they are plugged in via usb and my headset won't connect. I have tried resetting the controllers, resetting the console, restoring default settings, letting the controllers die and reconnect. I am wondering how hard it would be to change the bluetooth chip in the console. Any info would help. Thanks.

Mr_WoRRieD is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

you don't have any equipment nearby that is interfering with the ps3's bluetooth?

FamilyGuy1 is offline -Hacks Ninja

Did it use to work (blu-tooth)? If not you might have one of the rare, incompatible ones, unless it's official or something. Is your console under a year old because i would have sony fix those problems if so.

Some people have these problems since the update, the controller thing specifically, so you might want to wait for then next update to see if they fix it. Sony knows of the issues with the 3.0 update so a fix should be coming soon.

White Knight Chronicles Addict 1200+hrs

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

You won't be replacing any chips, unless you are an expert at desoldering surface mount parts, and putting a new one on, resoldering it. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work, there is no way YOU are fixing it, unless it is a plug-in board or part.

The problem, why WiFi and BT fail? In the USA, it is against the law (stupid as hell), for both a BT and WiFi transceiver to be broadcasting and receiving at the SAME TIME. So, they multiplex both signals, turning them ON and OFF alternating each other, many MANY times a second to produce what seems to be a continual signal... Stupidest thing I ever heard.. Damn FCC can't tell if they're talking or farting half the time, those idiots...

chicagobm3 is offline -Hacks Newbie

did work good but now it don't my friends are pissed they want us 2kick but in CALL O DUTY MW2 70.00 4 nuttin. I USED SONY headset and my cellular headset and they both work november 2 weeks no mo