The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CINAVIA? anyways around it?

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    the r5 of battle la has it. but xbox dosent have cinavia protection
    Damn I knew that but didnt think of it when I watched The Social Network and the copy I had has cinevia. I ended up watching the whole thing but every 20 minutes I had to change the date/time settings on my PS3. It was a work around but not a pleasant one.

Subby is offline -Hacks Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_WoRRieD View Post
    transcoding is quality loss ,so that is no option for me
    i didnt notice any quality loss

Line audio was pretty shit anyways, but video was fine

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Watching it on a PC also works. My media server is powerful now, so I can watch over HDMI to my TV with it, which is what I did. I am sick of having to download the media extension for Xbox360, when I change Xbox360s all the time.

Cinavia is inaudible tones in the THEATER sound track, that the unit detects while playing it. So, when an R5 (avi file) uses the theater sound track, the PS3 knows it's pirated, and stops playback. It detects the audio anomalies in the audio, and knows you're not sitting in a theater watching it, duh, so it's fraud.

When a DTS sound track from a theater is used, DTS to AC3 will break cinavia.

Pooky_187 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    i think i may have figured something out

ps3 media server stops cinavia as long as you transcode the avi file.

so i tried battle LA just normally with ps3 media server and the cinavia warning came up within 10seconds...and this is on firmware 3.15

so i thought might as well try the transcode options
    the one that is working for me at the moment is Avisynth/MEncoder
    im 43 minutes into Battle LA and no cinavia warning!

ill post back once the movie finishes...
    so you used PS3 media server & changed transcode options & it worked? i been trying to watch battle L.A. & another movie but they all got that cinavia crap.... im ah have to give what you did a try

***Edit***

ok i tried & still get cinavia error... can you explain what you did for it to work & not get cinavia?
    Last edited by Pooky_187; 04-16-2011 at 01:35 AM.
    Gamer Since 1988 ~ 23+yrs as a GAMER

SonySux is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Cinavia Getting Worse

That Cinavia shit is getting worse. I now have about 6 films which refuse to play on my PS3...I can't believe it, it's come out of nowhere and now it's in many, many titles...any list of I've found saying which films have Cinavia were terribly incomplete....half the shit in the cinema TODAY has it...I was away for a LONG time, came home, updated, then discovered this shit was injected into our FW. I've a giant Bravia TV and there's no way I'm watching everything in the future on my laptop...I wish the best of luck to the devs to fk Sony's plans...we own these things, we should have our liberty, and recover the lost promise of Linux, and I can't BELIEVE the 360 shit is looking better now...(I buy a lot of films/go to the cinema a lot so have no problem with the rest)

On 3.65

- changing time/date does nothing
    - changing HDMI to optical etc. does nothing
    - (others confirmed) any type of console/settings reset does nothing
    - playing on external media such as a USB/iPod does nothing

Until CFW/other solution presents itslef, what can you do with an .avi container? Converting doesn't work unless it's MKV? I think it's about time I got into MKV, and convert for PS3. The usual places I've been hunting MKV didn't have much MKV files, any recommendations?

ditto69 is offline -Hacks Newbie

The ps3 was one of the first devices to have Cinavia, starting with FW 3.10 (before they even started putting it into bluray's). It works by comparing the source of the audio to where you're playing it from and if they dont match up it stops playing. I'm hoping it will be eventually removed in CFW but no one is that far yet.

If you have CFW, Showtime Media Player will kill cinavia but it doesn't support all file formats. It does AVI's well though.

Another solution is selecting optical output in your ps3 sound settings, checking ALL the boxes for sound formats (aac, dts, etc, with the bottom 2 being optional), save those settings, THEN set audio multi-output to ON. this works for me everytime only problem being sometimes you get 2ch output on a 5.1 track. but hey, it plays right.

IMO Cinavia is the devil, i can't believe they're jacking up the audio tracks themselves to incorporate DRM. If all goes as planned every film will have it within a few years so hold on to your PS3 as it may be your last hope.

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by SonySux View Post
    That Cinavia shit is getting worse. I now have about 6 films which refuse to play on my PS3...I can't believe it, it's come out of nowhere and now it's in many, many titles...any list of I've found saying which films have Cinavia were terribly incomplete....half the shit in the cinema TODAY has it...I was away for a LONG time, came home, updated, then discovered this shit was injected into our FW. I've a giant Bravia TV and there's no way I'm watching everything in the future on my laptop...I wish the best of luck to the devs to fk Sony's plans...we own these things, we should have our liberty, and recover the lost promise of Linux, and I can't BELIEVE the 360 shit is looking better now...(I buy a lot of films/go to the cinema a lot so have no problem with the rest)
    You own your console but Cinavia is anti-piracy so I image you're trying to watch videos you don't own. Unless you're ripping BDs then I can understand your frustration. I don't have a BD drive yet, but if I get one I will probably rip BDs to my PC just so I can watch them anytime on XBMC without having to search for the disc. I own it so what's wrong with putting it on my PC? I like the list of all movies I have in XBMC. It's a nice, clean list where I can decide on what to watch. And "digital copy" sucks. Re-install windows and you lose your license and the video is unplayable.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

If you have a DTS capable receiver, then use MKV2VOB version 247 or lower that supports the Patching DTS stage. You will see a first step - Patching DTS. This works, I am back in business with movies that have DTS sound tracks in them. DO not use AC3, then you will get Cinavia message. MKV2VOB versions past 2.4.7 right now, the Patching DTS no longer works, it's the program. SO, I went back to 247, and marked the EXE as [o] Read Only, so it can't be updated.

You have to have a Receiver that accepts DTS over HDMI. I have a Sony, and it works perfectly, no more Cinavia messages. I tested it with Green Hornet, which when you convert DTS to AC3, you get the Cinavia message. DTS, DOES NOT.

SonySux is offline -Hacks Newbie

Ditto ^^

Can I ask which firmware version your using? I'm on 3.65 and I thought that all those loopholes e.g. switching to optical were closed...? I played around with that and followed the example and nothing...also, I thought that the Cinavia-break support was integrated into CFW already...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2