Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cons of jailbreaking?

CedricAnne97 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Cons of jailbreaking?

I'm pretty new to all this hacking, I don't even have a ps3 (yet, I have enough money ) But I'd like to know everything about hacking it before I begin.
    I heard a lot about not being able to play online and stuff when hacked, is it true and is there a way to bypass it?

Getting banned from the psn when playing pirated games, what will happen when you are banned and can you reverse the banning?

I read that a new ps3 comes with firmware 3.0 is this true, then I would be able to hack it, right? If I don't let it update to 3.70 like my friend...

Any other cons that you want to share with me, (and pros to ... but I think I know them ) Thanks

(I know my grammar and spelling or whatever arn't that good, but I'm 14 and I live in Belgium... so I don't really care)

iamafreak is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

You cannot access PSN when you are on CFW.. So the question of getting banned is pointless.

NEwer PS3s come with firmware of above 3.55 which means you cannot jailbreak or install cfw on them.. If you are lucky you might get an old stock which has a lower firmware. Your best option is to buy from shop where you have the option to return (in case the firmware is above 3.55)

In case u get hold of a PS3 with 3.55 or lower and jailbreak it, you will not be able to play the newer games which require 3.60+

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

PITA compared to flashing a 360 drive. No PSN but I'm not a fan of PSN in the first place. New games don't work.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Con: Can't play ON-Line either.

Thanks for the replies. I get it now, but I don't really understand why anybody would want to do it anymore, if you can't even play the newest games or go online... there's nothing to it!
    Still, thanks for your quick answers!

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

Newest games I can understand but there are alternatives to PSN. Xlink or Xbox LIVE

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Homebrew. I can actually use the console as an "entertainment center."

Also there is the possibility of future CFW that may only be possible through updating via the current cfw.

Un®est®i©ted™

In that case... well, you're right, then it would be worth it.
    Also, I just read something about running 2 firmwares on a ps3, would it be possible to load the game on the CFW and play it in the OFW so you can play online and play the newest games? Or is this impossible? It would solve all my (ps3 related) problems

iamafreak is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Dual firmware loading requires insane amount of soldering..Not possible for an average user..

Even if done, backed up games will not work while booting on OFW..You will still need the original disc to play the game..

@erifnomi: what do you mean with "PITA compared to flashing a 360 drive." I don't understand anything in this sentance. + "there are alternatives to PSN. Xlink or Xbox LIVE" what do you mean? Or are you trying to tell me that I should buy a 360? (that's not gonna happen -all my friends have a ps3 -)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast