Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The copyright protection information is invalid (80029513)

harrybalsonice is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default The copyright protection information is invalid (80029513)

I'm on Rogero 4.40 v1.03 cex.
    I have installed and uninstalled different versions of reactpsn and ps2placeholder.
    I've tried several methods that I've searched on dashhacks.
    The games I've tried have the 2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333 and the .rap file is also the same.

statecoffee is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by harrybalsonice View Post
    I'm on Rogero 4.40 v1.03 cex.
    I have installed and uninstalled different versions of reactpsn and ps2placeholder.
    I've tried several methods that I've searched on dashhacks.
    The games I've tried have the 2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333 and the .rap file is also the same.
    Have you tried not using the classics placeholder, and instead install the games as pkg files instead, also is your system resetting when you use reactpsn?
    I am not surewhat al works or doesn't, but because of 4.40 incompatability with ps2 classsics is why I am staying on 4.30 for now.
    harrybalsonice likes this.

Yes I have tried various games with both methods, pkg installs and ftp installs with placeholder. I get the same error when I try either way. Is there a way to downgrade back to 4.30? Thank you for the response.

Yes many people have gone back to roger 4.30 from 4.40.

Rogero Downgrader – Downgrade Any CFW to 3.55

Published on March 29, 2013, by Mujarrad - Posted in PS3, PS3 Utilities, Sony 1
    rogero-downgrade

Following up on yesterdays release, today developer Rogero releases a downgrader PUP file which allows you to downgrade any CFW back to 3.55, it also includes the RSOD patch that boots the PS3 fine to XMB but won’t fix it.

Rogero Downgrader:

This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over any CFW version ( 3.55 –> 9.99 )
    RSOD screen bypass patch for RSOD machines (it won’t fix the RSOD but allows the PS3 to boot fine into XMB)
    It does have all the features from Rogero CEX-3.55 v3.7

Instructions on Downgrading:

Download the Rogero Downgrader PUP from the links posted above.
    Rename the downloaded file to “PS3UPDAT.PUP” and put it on your USB in: “USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP”
    While on any CFW version, go to System Update from XMB and install the Downgrader PUP.
    After the Downgrader PUP installs you’ll be back on CFW3.55 (but the syscon version will still have 9.99 in it)
    In case you didn’t have it Set Before, Enable QA flag by following these steps:

Download the Rebug QA_Toggle package from here —> toggle_qa.pkg
    Put the “toggle_qa.pkg” on USB and Install it on the PS3.
    Run the “Rebug Toggle QA” from XMB, the screen will go Black and you will see HDD Led activity then if all went fine you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and the PS3 will Restart back to XMB.
    If you want to make sure QA flag was set, go to “Network Settings” then apply the following key combo (all at the same time):

L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down

You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly.
    Now put “Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7″ on your USB in: “USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP” —> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP
    Start the PS3 and install “Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7″ using the System Update from XMB.
    Once you’re back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 you can now install any CFW you want using the System Update from XMB ( or Recovery Menu if XMB Update didn’t work ).

Download: Rogero Downgrader, Mirror1 , Mirror2 (MD5: b67747f529d047d63151786544a58b50)
    I am not at 100 posts on this site so i can't give you a web address, but use the rogero downgrader PUP,.

Yes many people have switched back to Rogero4.30 from 4.40 because of this issue.

Rogero Downgrader – Downgrade Any CFW to 3.55

Published on March 29, 2013, by Mujarrad - Posted in PS3, PS3 Utilities, Sony 1
    rogero-downgrade

Rogero released a downgrader PUP file which allows you to downgrade any CFW back to 3.55, it also includes the RSOD patch that boots the PS3 fine to XMB but won’t fix it.

Rogero Downgrader:

This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over any CFW version ( 3.55 –> 9.99 )
    RSOD screen bypass patch for RSOD machines (it won’t fix the RSOD but allows the PS3 to boot fine into XMB)
    It does have all the features from Rogero CEX-3.55 v3.7

Instructions on Downgrading:

Download the Rogero Downgrader PUP.
    Rename the downloaded file to “PS3UPDAT.PUP” and put it on your USB in: “USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP”
    While on any CFW version, go to System Update from XMB and install the Downgrader PUP.
    After the Downgrader PUP installs you’ll be back on CFW3.55 (but the syscon version will still have 9.99 in it)
    In case you didn’t have it Set Before, Enable QA flag by following these steps:

Download the Rebug QA_Toggle package from here —> toggle_qa.pkg
    Put the “toggle_qa.pkg” on USB and Install it on the PS3.
    Run the “Rebug Toggle QA” from XMB, the screen will go Black and you will see HDD Led activity then if all went fine you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and the PS3 will Restart back to XMB.
    If you want to make sure QA flag was set, go to “Network Settings” then apply the following key combo (all at the same time):

L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down

You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly.
    Now put “Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7″ on your USB in: “USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP” —> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP
    Start the PS3 and install “Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7″ using the System Update from XMB.
    Once you’re back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 you can now install any CFW you want using the System Update from XMB ( or Recovery Menu if XMB Update didn’t work ).

Thanks for the help, the downgrade seems kinda complicated. I am a newbie. I might just wait a while hopefully there becomes an update to the reactpsn or something. Or maybe I'll get the guts to try and downgrade. thanks for the help by the way.
    statecoffee likes this.

likuid_ocelot is offline -Hacks Smarty

I'm also kind of a newb when it comes to the PS3, but I have experience with hacking other consoles, so I'm not a newb in that sense. I understand all the terms, and have done my fair share of reading, and trying to stay connected to the scene, but I JUST recently acquired a CFW PS3, so now i'm really dabbling into it a bit further (kind of hard w/o the CFW PS3, lol). Anyway....I'm actually experiencing the same issue as harrybalsonice, thing is I was previously on Rogero 4.30 and it wasn't working either. For some reason ReActPSN wasn't changing my aa profile's name like it should. I tried multiple combinations of running it as well. I tried running it and holding L1+triangle, it showed a progress bar like it should but i would still get the same error when running placeholder. I upgraded my FW last night to Rogero 4.40 v1.03 and still same issues. I also tried different versions of ReActPSN (on both FW's), and still the same issue. I tried while connected to the internet and not connected to the internet. It's funny this post is here, i was just about to ask the same questions. Has anyone got this working on 4.40 v1.03? I followed "DashFAQs: How To Make PS2 Classics Out Of Your Own Discs" (can't post a link, sorry) to the T.

I'd REALLY like to have "true backwards compatibility" working on this beast. Thanks guys, and I LOVE this site, been visiting for a long while now, just this is my first post because everything here is so thorough and i usually dont run into issues with anything you guys write up, but this one's got me stumped. If I can get this working, I will be even more eternally grateful. Thanks in advance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by likuid_ocelot View Post
    I'm also kind of a newb when it comes to the PS3, but I have experience with hacking other consoles, so I'm not a newb in that sense. I understand all the terms, and have done my fair share of reading, and trying to stay connected to the scene, but I JUST recently acquired a CFW PS3, so now i'm really dabbling into it a bit further (kind of hard w/o the CFW PS3, lol). Anyway....I'm actually experiencing the same issue as harrybalsonice, thing is I was previously on Rogero 4.30 and it wasn't working either. For some reason ReActPSN wasn't changing my aa profile's name like it should. I tried multiple combinations of running it as well. I tried running it and holding L1+triangle, it showed a progress bar like it should but i would still get the same error when running placeholder. I upgraded my FW last night to Rogero 4.40 v1.03 and still same issues. I also tried different versions of ReActPSN (on both FW's), and still the same issue. I tried while connected to the internet and not connected to the internet. It's funny this post is here, i was just about to ask the same questions. Has anyone got this working on 4.40 v1.03? I followed "DashFAQs: How To Make PS2 Classics Out Of Your Own Discs" (can't post a link, sorry) to the T.

I'd REALLY like to have "true backwards compatibility" working on this beast. Thanks guys, and I LOVE this site, been visiting for a long while now, just this is my first post because everything here is so thorough and i usually dont run into issues with anything you guys write up, but this one's got me stumped. If I can get this working, I will be even more eternally grateful. Thanks in advance!!!
    Is your .edat perhaps not in a seperate folder on the root of your drive in a folder called exdata? Did you alter the .edat file name on accident?
    Have you at least once downloaded at least one psn demo from the store? Do you have the file path " /dev_hdd0/home/0000000*/exdata " showing in your file manager? In that path the .edat or .rap you want will show if done correctly. SO you are also getting the (80029513) ERROR???
    That error code is specific to not correctly installing your .edat or .rap file to the path I mentioned.
    I suggest Trying a tutorial that is up to date and thorough, I still am using ReactPsn version 1.00 hahahaha! No problems so I don;t fix what ain't broke.
    Last edited by statecoffee; 06-14-2013 at 03:28 PM.

I do have that file path. But I'm almost positive that there has never been anything downloaded from the psn store on this console.

likuid_ocelot is offline -Hacks Smarty

Ive done everything and i cant get it working...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast