Thread: No external hard drives, but three in my computer, can I still use them for my PS3?

jimmyco2008 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default No external hard drives, but three in my computer, can I still use them for my PS3?

I'm new to the PS3 homebrew scene, but most of the "noob" questions I have found answers to. So from what I hear, to play black market games, they must be transferred to the PS3 via a hard drive, commonly I hear an external hard drive, since they're larger than flash drives...

But what if I have three hard drives in my computer, can I share one of them over the network and use that to transfer games to the PS3 hard drive... Just to be sure, the game transfers to the PS3's hard drive, it doesn't run from the external hard drive, right?

Thanks in advance.

likuid_ocelot is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyco2008 View Post
    I'm new to the PS3 homebrew scene, but most of the "noob" questions I have found answers to. So from what I hear, to play black market games, they must be transferred to the PS3 via a hard drive, commonly I hear an external hard drive, since they're larger than flash drives...

But what if I have three hard drives in my computer, can I share one of them over the network and use that to transfer games to the PS3 hard drive... Just to be sure, the game transfers to the PS3's hard drive, it doesn't run from the external hard drive, right?

Thanks in advance.
    You can FTP them to your PS3...and yes it transfers to the internal PS3 HDD...
    "There's room for only one Snake, and one Big Boss!"