The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!




 
Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?




Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

 


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Remote Play over Internet without PS3 logged into PSN?

  
  1. #1
    rubejb is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Sorry if this has been answered here, but I've done some searching around and can't find a solid answer.

    My PS3 is at FW 3.41. Because of this, I can't sign onto PSN. I'm fine with this except for the fact that Remote Play over the internet requires that you sign in to the PSN on the same account on both the PSP and PS3.


    I have a PSP 2000 with CFW 5.50 Prometheus. I also have PSN Lover, so I can log in to the PSN on the PSP just fine.

    I haven't yet hacked my PS3, as I'm waiting for a port of the hack that works on hardware I have.

    Is there any way to bypass the PSN step on PS3 for remote play over the internet? Or is this one of those cases where we'll just have to be patient until the homebrew community is further along and can bypass the PSN entirely?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    216,157
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I use remote play with my PSP (6.20) and I don't have to sign ANYTHING in. I use Private Network, not Internet, works just fine. I don't have CFW for the PSP, and don't care to, but, Remote Play works without signing into PSN; you use the private network instead of Internet.

  3. #3
    rubejb is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave
    I use remote play with my PSP (6.20) and I don't have to sign ANYTHING in. I use Private Network, not Internet, works just fine. I don't have CFW for the PSP, and don't care to, but, Remote Play works without signing into PSN; you use the private network instead of Internet.
    Ah right, forgot to mention that I can also use this setup. However, for me there isn't much of a use for local remote play other than showing people: "hey, look at this, the PS3 is running on my PSP".

    What I'm more interested in is a way to play games when I'm away. Such as at a friends house or downtime at work. With the new ability to install and modify a most of games to work with RP, I'm excited to play the Ninja Gaiden Sigmas and a few other games on the go.

  4. #4
    Pooky_187's Avatar
    Pooky_187 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PSN
    Posts
    3,985
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    there is no way over internet if your PSP & PS3 isn't both up-to-date & PS3 signs into PSN - its Sony's way of people staying up-to-date on there PSP & not use a hacked PSP
    Gamer Since 1988 ~ 23+yrs as a GAMER

  5. #5
    rubejb is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooky_187
    there is no way over internet if your PSP & PS3 isn't both up-to-date & PS3 signs into PSN - its Sony's way of people staying up-to-date on there PSP & not use a hacked PSP
    Ok, that's what I figured, but thanks for confirming it.

    Oh well, heres to hoping the PS3 hacking community enables us to use some of these features without logging into the PSN. Remote Play was one of the things I've always wanted to work with more games, so glad to see that it's possible.

    Thanks.

  6. #6
    bobtex is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I actually want to know the exact same thing - there must be a way of "fooling" either the ps3 or the psp (or both) into thinking that you are using lan, even though you are using remote play over the internet. Perhaps a VPN or something? I really hope this takes off!

  7. #7
    kelly lily is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I want to play final fantsy.

  8. #8
    MJBF20 is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have an idea, maybe someone could make a program that let's the pc connect to the ps3 while in remote play then the pc would generate a psn account and once then your pc would have to trick
    the psp into thinking your computer is an ps3 and the computer would register psp as if you were registering it on ps3 for remote play and finally you can connect your psp to the internet from somewhere and enter the generated psn account so that it will connect to the pc which will direct it to ps3 and then remote play on psp with ps3 that's on 3.41 over internet.

  9. #9
    Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,351
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MJBF20
    I have an idea, maybe someone could make a program that let's the pc connect to the ps3 while in remote play then the pc would generate a psn account and once then your pc would have to trick
    the psp into thinking your computer is an ps3 and the computer would register psp as if you were registering it on ps3 for remote play and finally you can connect your psp to the internet from somewhere and enter the generated psn account so that it will connect to the pc which will direct it to ps3 and then remote play on psp with ps3 that's on 3.41 over internet.
    Ok great you have an idea. Now run along and make it happen and let us know how it goes.

  10. #10
    CazikThule is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Just wanted to give this thread an update. This is now possible using debug firmware 3.41 3.55 and 4.21 can all connect to psn using rebug. Note: with 3.41 and 3.55 you also have to download their version spoofer. Rebug firmware, version spoofers, and a downgrade if needed can all be found at their official website.

    Evidently i'm not allowed to post links on this forum so to find their site put "codename rebug" into google.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •