Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Netflix --> PS3 (Review)

Pooky_187 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Date = 10/18/10

Updated review now that Netflix is Disc-less & on XMB:

Score - 10/10

Netflix runs 5x's faster now weather its loading the movies list to starting & stopping movies, the look has also been changed to look & use easier. The program is 19mb install where the disc version was using 93mb in the BD folder.

You no longer need a PC either to register the PS3, everything can be done on PS3 except managing the disc instant Q but you can manage the streaming Q. Price is still the same & since my previous review they have added many more movies & Tv shows & a lot more recently newer ones as well not just classics.

Right not PS3 is the only console that has the search feature as well so you can search for certain Tv shows & movies right from PS3. Some select movies/Tv shows in HD are now in 1080i with 5.1 surround sound witch before was only 720p PS3 is only console with that as of right now as well.

One downside with this Disc-less version you have to be signed into the PSN to use it so if PSN goes down then Netflix is unable to be used witch is a downside but unlike the Disc version you can go to XMB why watching movies & Tv shows to send & recieve messages as you would if you were watching something off the HDD except it doesn't auto pause.

For me i love it & is worth every cheap dollar!

Date = 11/12/09

This review is of Netflix on PS3 using a speacial Disc from Netflix that you use on your PS3 to access Netflix from PS3. If/when they change it to be on system firmware & not Disc i will review again if necessary or any big changes.

Score - 8/10

Besides having to put a disc in your PS3 everytime you want to use Netflix on your PS3 it runs great. Its fast & responsive & only took 5 sec to buffer & never had any problems or lag. Once its intergraded on PS3 then i will give it a 10/10 & they do need a bigger selection but i loves 80's movies & Tv shows so i get a lot of what i want.

You do need a PC to activate your PS3 witch is only done once after that you can add movies to your "Q" using PS3 browser - unfortunitly it cant be done while in Netflix on PS3 but you can see your "Q" plus the Genre of Movies & also has Tv shows.

I have the $8.99 package witch gives me one Movie by mail & unlimited streaming movies/Tv shows plus i added Bluray for a extra $2 - So $11.99 i get one DVD/Bluray in mail & unlimited streaming Movies/Tv Shows - best deal other than downloading them illigaly & it beats PSN prices.igaly & it beats PSN prices.

Gamer Since 1988 ~ 23+yrs as a GAMER

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

When I had it for the 360 I thought it was awesome. I didnt have cable at the time just Internet and it always gave us something to watch. I would have never got into the Office if it wasnt for netflix and now its one of my favorite tv shows.

I read somewhere that the PS3 is gonna have it eventually integrated in the firmware and this was a temporary thing to get it to PS3 users asap. I would lmao if netflix on the PS3 somehow resulted in an exploit though I doubt it will.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

I also had this for Xbox360, and there's nothing there I haven't seen already, well, anything that I wanted to see. Things I do want to see, you can't stream them, it was a total waste of money for me. Then, we ended up not using it at all, so I canceled it...

Yeah I agree that most of what a lot of people watch prob. Can't stream but a lot of stuff I watch is on there to stream like all 5 seasons of. The. A. Team -. Magnum p.I. plus other 80's tv shows and movies plus a bunch of "b" rated movies you never heard of but I like watching crappy stuff to get a laugh.... they also got science theater 3000 witch is funny & weeds .... its not for everyone but well worth it to me for the price & I'm cancelling cable for now cause its to much for crap

Lately a lot more new movies & Tv shows have been added to the instant movies, not just a bunch of low budget type movies. Netflix seemed to be improving a lot with it & have to say its more than worth the deal for people who love to watch movies & Tv shows anytime with out comercials.

FamilyGuy1 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Do new tv show episodes appear on netflicks? Like day and date with tv aired episodes or do they come out much later like when the season is released on dvd or something?

White Knight Chronicles Addict 1200+hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky_187
    http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.c...flixps3img.jpg

Date = 11/12/09

This review is of Netflix on PS3 using a special Disc from Netflix that you use on your PS3 to access Netflix from PS3. If/when they change it to be on system firmware & not Disc i will review again if necessary or any big changes.

Score - 8/10

Besides having to put a disc in your PS3 everytime you want to use Netflix on your PS3 it runs great. Its fast & responsive & only took 5 sec to buffer & never had any problems or lag. Once its intergraded on PS3 then i will give it a 10/10 & they do need a bigger selection but i loves 80's movies & Tv shows so i get a lot of what i want.

You do need a PC to activate your PS3 witch is only done once after that you can add movies to your "Q" using PS3 browser - unfortunitly it cant be done while in Netflix on PS3 but you can see your "Q" plus the Genre of Movies & also has Tv shows.

I have the $8.99 package witch gives me one Movie by mail & unlimited streaming movies/Tv shows plus i added Bluray for a extra $2 - So $11.99 i get one DVD/Bluray in mail & unlimited streaming Movies/Tv Shows - best deal other than downloading them illigaly & it beats PSN prices.igaly & it beats PSN prices.

Updated with new review now that Netflix no longer requires Disc

imported_Shiranui is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Tried it out today. Was pretty decent service. Watched the movie "Exam". Odd movie but worth checking out.

ApheX is offline -Hacks Member

FUCK. so now you have to log into PSN?!!!???!?!?!?!?! This probably means that I will HAVE to get another ps3 now. Damn it all to hell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast