Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Modern Warfare 2

JoN- is offline -Hacks Veteran

MODERN WARFARE 2
    ===================

I came to realize that no one on this site is yet to review Modern Warfare 2 by Activision that came out last November so I am taking the pleasure to do so.

I'll start off with story because I was impressed with World at War and the amount of detail that went into playing that story. For one, if any of you played Veteran on Call of Duty before, you will realize how DIFFICULT it truly is. MW2 seems to "ease" it down and make it less difficult; unsure why but it's quite clear that this game is easier than the last.
    Spoiler for GAME STORY:
    Also, it seems as if they are already encouraging you to purchase the not-yet-made MW3 with their cliff-hanger ending. Not saying it's a bad thing, but seriously they should consider that a story should be complete with each game.

Now, onto game play. It is IDENTICAL to all CoDs before except for one major difference: it is dumbed down so the 'average' gamer can play. That's right, there is a lack of recoil for almost all guns and yet sniper rifles at times require 2 shots (especially when close). I found this ridiculous for any hardcore gamer to enjoy; call of duty was MEANT to be difficult and for one to get good at it. Instead, they decided to take the idea that it should be a every man's game, when I believe it shouldn't have.

Now, we all know you have been waiting to hear about the online. With a couple new Game Modes and Titles, this is still the same old CoD. However, this game seems to be riddles with glitches and seems to be an unfinished product. I mean, there is the Javalin glitch where you would explode when you die, the infinite care package glitch, the super sprint glitch and many more. If this game were to even be remotely good, it needs to attend to all of these glitches as soon as possible. As far as the Infinite Care package glitch, it is still not fixed, even after 4 months since the release of the game. Kinda ridiculous.

Overall, this game is not much of an improvement over the other games and seems to fail where the others succeeded. I only play it because my friends own the game and will be giving up on it once FFXIII comes out.
    ====================
    OVERALL: 6.5 /10
    ISSUES: Too many glitches online; story mode feels too easy; lack of recoil for guns; no real additions to online; cliff-hanger ending; feels too much for the average gamer than the hardcore gamers that made the series popular.
    * HAS TROPHIES (these of course can be all unlocked through a HEX-EDIT of your SAVEDATA...another mistake).

siptang is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

Wow, pretty low score. I do understand where you are coming from though.

imported_mrrogers is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I agree this game seemed to lack the challenge that WaW had, which was disappointing.
    And the multiplayer being so full of bugs and glitches (also the lag is sometimes VERY bad), made me want to play it much less than I would have otherwise.

What sucks is that this game could have been MUCH better if not for these issues.
    I only play it now when my nieces and nephews come over and want a "whoopin" from their Paran. :cool:

xMarkx is offline -Hacks Newbie

The multiplayer is really addicting! 6.5 is way too low... My score is 8.5 :)

warner_v is offline -Hacks Hacker

i agree with this review, the game is well overrated.

desperate hacker is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

haha good jokes all of you its really funny. how you can contradict urselves all of you are now agreeing it sux and yet i can guarnatee most of you spent hours on it if you hate it y the FUCK did you buy it i know some of you didnt spend hours online but evry body bought itd..again i am saying

bc2 >>>>>>>>>>>>mw2
    Your source for all ps3 scene related lists! Makes finding stuff much easier, please contribute to the site, Spread the news and help me improve
    www.ps3lists.blogspot.com

Mick is offline Coma -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by desperate hacker
    bc2 >>>>>>>>>>>>mw2
    im about to play the retail game :P

JoN- is offline -Hacks Veteran

haha good jokes all of you its really funny. how you can contradict urselves all of you are now agreeing it sux and yet i can guarnatee most of you spent hours on it if you hate it y the FUCK did you buy it i know some of you didnt spend hours online but evry body bought itd..again i am saying

bc2 >>>>>>>>>>>>mw2
    Playing it has nothing to do with enjoying it. The game is horrible but I play with my friends which makes ALL the difference.

warner_v is offline -Hacks Hacker

bc2 >>>>>>>>>>>>mw2
    when COD 4 dropped no one expected it and IMO it added somethng fresh to the FPS genre just like goldeneye on the n64 did, these games will be remembered BUT modern warfare 2 lacks innovation to the formula of the series,the campaign is shorter than COD 4 and it is boring, also it has more glitches than WAW check youtube and you will see. So basically it is the same as COD 4 with a splash of paint over it. I am close to selling mine on im just waiting to see what IW have for DLC if it is some shitty fucking MP maps i am not buying them, i want something like the zombie levels in WAW which i still play to this day, activision are greedy wankers and will charge you £8 for 4 MP maps just like they have done in the other games.

rant over lol fuck bobby kotick i hate this prick

desperate hacker is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

d so wadya about think badcomapny2 how may of you will get it?. i just reseved mine today .....:-)and oh i got another 360 today its waaay old 06-07-2006 and its a pro. the seller claimed its jtagged any way i could check it?it also doesnt have a power cable a friend said different models have different power cables how do i know which one fits mine

thanks in advance
    Your source for all ps3 scene related lists! Makes finding stuff much easier, please contribute to the site, Spread the news and help me improve
    www.ps3lists.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast