Thread: Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360)

JoN- is offline -Hacks Veteran

BAD COMPANY 2 (XBOX360 VERSION)*
    ===================

After playing BFBC and BF1943, I didn't expect another Battlefield to be released under the Bad Company name or even use the same engine, but unfortunately I was wrong and we have another one to deal with.

If you played the first and liked it, you are most likely going to enjoy this one. For the most part, they are identical games with a good revision of the control scheme which makes this game much more enjoyable. The original controls were quirky and uncomfortable at times. While I didn't spend too much time on the single-player, I did get to play online a whole lot.

There are great improvements to the original game. For one, the microphone support seems to much improved since the last installment which would continually cut out from time to time.** There are new vehicles and the classes appear to be more balanced than prior. There are of course new maps as with all games. The game appears to have less lag than the original as well, which would be constant for most matches. The new hardcore mode is refreshing and makes the game much more realistic. Sniping still requires one to be completely accurate (which is good, because MW2 was lacking this). I do wish they had more vehicles because when you die, you need to run for miles to catch up to the action.

Single-player wise, the story is lacking and not as fun to play through as the original. The game is quite easy (even on hard) because of the system they have in place for when you die, where most of the enemies will be dead from your last play. However, dying only means having to run miles because of the annoying checkpoints that are in place. It's overall a decent experience, but I'm guessing that DICE and EA were working hard on the multiplayer, seeing as that is how the series began.

The graphics and sound are overall better than the original and more recent games coming out.

Overall, it is a decent game and could have had more improvements. However, while playing the single-player, I never found it fun or exciting. Sure, blowing up stuff could be fun, but it does get boring. DICE needs to improve their single-player and maybe this game could stand up to other FPS games. This game is better than MW2 slightly, but I wouldn't recommend it as a must buy if you own MW2 already.

*While this review was done for the XBOX360 version of the game, it can be expected that the PS3 version of the game is identical if not minor differences and should be taken the same for both systems.

**Both BFBC and BF1943 mention in this review were playing on the PS3 system and not the XBOX360 version and bugs mentioned may not appear in the XBOX360 version of these games.

====================
    OVERALL: 7 /10
    ISSUES: Story lacking, minor improvements over original, not generally fun
    * Achievement Support (Trophy Support for PS3)

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Is a good game, I am on the one where you jump out of the plane and try to shoot the Russian dude... Can't seem to hit the bastard... I did, it said mission completed, then went to the failed screen? Well, I am done for the day...

Joss is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Did that mission first go using iron sight. Took 2 shots mind.

Wasnt it obvious from the ending in the first that there would be a second, i also predict a third.

PS3: 60GB
    PSN ID: Josseh

Quote Originally Posted by Joss
    No, did not use Iron Sights, I don't AIM all that much, except on sniper shots and long distance shots. My kid even asked me how I can run around killing people without aiming. I am STILL aiming I told him, just not through the sight.

Wasnt it obvious from the ending in the first that there would be a second, i also predict a third.
    With the way most games end, there can ALWAYS be a sequel. The way the first Bio Shock ended, it could have just ENDED... With all the world war type games? They can keep them going for years, and continue on across next gen consoles, oh wait, they did that... So, you see, no game truly has an ending.

Just like when KIRK dies, you'd think it's over? NO, in a Novel, the Romulans dig 'em up, and clone him. Plus, find the Nexus, and you can still get him back, so he's not ever dead... Once you have entered the Nexus, you will always be there. Guninan kind of proved that when she told Picard she was THERE, and HERE, but think of her there as an after image... Then again, there is always time travel, it heals all, saves all...

No game truly has an ending, really... The only RPG I played that ENDED, where you had a choice to make to decide the ending was Two Worlds, so you would think. Still, after saving or letting your sister die, the sequel can still be to save her another way, or save her from her now evil self. There is supposed to be another Two Worlds, still waiting...

Yeah, so no game has a REAL ending, AND, if it did? Well, then there's the whole PREQUEL angle...

Fallout New Vegas is coming too, and damn-it, it's not a DLC, it's a whole new game... Takes place three years AFTER F3, so how does your character start out? Too bad they can't go through your original game save, and take your stats, and base the game on that...

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave
    Quote Originally Posted by Joss
    No, did not use Iron Sights, I don't AIM all that much, except on sniper shots and long distance shots. My kid even asked me how I can run around killing people without aiming. I am STILL aiming I told him, just not through the sight.

With the way most games end, there can ALWAYS be a sequel. The way the first Bio Shock ended, it could have just ENDED... With all the world war type games? They can keep them going for years, and continue on across next gen consoles, oh wait, they did that... So, you see, no game truly has an ending.

Just like when KIRK dies, you'd think it's over? NO, in a Novel, the Romulans dig 'em up, and clone him. Plus, find the Nexus, and you can still get him back, so he's not ever dead... Once you have entered the Nexus, you will always be there. Guninan kind of proved that when she told Picard she was THERE, and HERE, but think of her there as an after image... Then again, there is always time travel, it heals all, saves all...

No game truly has an ending, really... The only RPG I played that ENDED, where you had a choice to make to decide the ending was Two Worlds, so you would think. Still, after saving or letting your sister die, the sequel can still be to save her another way, or save her from her now evil self. There is supposed to be another Two Worlds, still waiting...

Yeah, so no game has a REAL ending, AND, if it did? Well, then there's the whole PREQUEL angle...

Fallout New Vegas is coming too, and damn-it, it's not a DLC, it's a whole new game... Takes place three years AFTER F3, so how does your character start out? Too bad they can't go through your original game save, and take your stats, and base the game on that...
    Because if you don't have the add-on of Broken Steel, we both know how the game ends. It doesn't exactly setup a sequel like that. However, Fallout 4 could have easily shown what happened after the events of the water being purified (if you took that router), but you can't because people had the option to kill the planet. A direct sequel following the events of FO3 wouldn't be possible (unless you are doing a follow-up after Broken Steel, but even then, not everyone has played it).

I have ALL the DLC for Fallout 3. I quit because the level ceiling is 30, and I am at 30, so what's the point in continuing the Broken Steel story-line, I can't increase my stats any more with the level cap. I was looking for the file that handles that, I know where the PC one is, but the XB360 one is not the same. You can raise the level ceiling with the PC version, by editing the text file that contains it. I have not found the file in the ISO for F3 yet to extract it, edit, replace and burn... IT may not even exist, AND, it's probably on the XBox360 HDD because Broken Steel raised the cap from 20 to 30 anyway. I will have to look through my HDD one day with Xport...

Oh, and I am done with Bad Company II today, got it the 2nd try today... I am on Bad Company now, I forgot I had it, I paid $9.00 for it used...

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave
    I have ALL the DLC for Fallout 3. I quit because the level ceiling is 30, and I am at 30, so what's the point in continuing the Broken Steel story-line, I can't increase my stats any more with the level cap. I was looking for the file that handles that, I know where the PC one is, but the XB360 one is not the same. You can raise the level ceiling with the PC version, by editing the text file that contains it. I have not found the file in the ISO for F3 yet to extract it, edit, replace and burn... IT may not even exist, AND, it's probably on the XBox360 HDD because Broken Steel raised the cap from 20 to 30 anyway. I will have to look through my HDD one day with Xport...

Oh, and I am done with Bad Company II today, got it the 2nd try today... I am on Bad Company now, I forgot I had it, I paid $9.00 for it used...
    Bad Company had a better story line, but overall the online lagged too much to enjoy.

Joss is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Ive been asking for someone who had bad company one to help me get some trophies online but nobody replied :(

PS3: 60GB
    PSN ID: Josseh