Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Heavy Rain

JoN- is offline -Hacks Veteran

HEAVY RAIN
    ===================

Heavy Rain (HR for this review), has been getting a lot of mixed reviews lately, with some saying that the game is one giant QTE to others saying that this game is the 'future of gaming'. I'm here to clear some people's opinions of the game.

Before we begin, I just want to make something clear: Heavy Rain got his title from the simple face that there is a lot of rain. And I do mean a lot. You are going to see rain for most of the story and probably be depressed once the initial sunlight is gone.

Since I don't want to leave any spoilers, I plan to exclude this section of my review. Continue on will you!

Heavy Rain will look great; faces are realistic and motion capture makes every character appear to be from a movie. The story itself is almost-movie like.

HR is going to be a lot of QTEs but I believe that is what makes this game so unique and the story to be so interesting that as you play, you are going to feel a need to want more. You are going to want to play more. I felt my days feeling for HR, the world was so real. HR drags you into this depressing world and simply does not what you to leave.

The sound of HR is great; music truly adds to the overall composition of the world and would be nothing with out it.

Overall, Heavy Rain is a great game and would recommend to anyone to at least rent, seeing as the game is only 8 hours long (even on Hard). What really makes Heavy Rain what it is is the idea of choices. Without this key idea, HR would not be the game it is. When you die, you die, move on. HR is great from simply keeping everything real and that's what makes the game truly shine.
    ====================
    OVERALL: 9 /10
    ISSUES: Read Review. (Not recommended for gamers who do like QTE!)
    *Trophy Support

Mr_WoRRieD is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

i personally loved this game, the first time i played it almost all my main characters died because of bad choices :)
    only wished the game was longer because it was so much fun to play.

BCapper92 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I'm still waiting to play this game, I have it, but I decided to give up games for Lent so I could focus more on my studies. Hopefully it's as awesome as everyone is saying.

Joss is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I loved the game, however there are three major flaws in this game i feel.

1) Holding R2 to walk... did anyone else end up doing 3 circles when trying to navigate through the cars and buses scene? That's what got me caught. Trying to walk round was just a pain in the ars*.

2) How many times did you press the wrong choice because they moved round your head too fast or were blurred too much? I knew the option i wanted, i just couldn't see the f*cking button to go with it.

3) The button holding that didn't recognize you'd pressed the button - Cost me the wrong ending of the game. Asked me to press and hold R2.. so i did.. it said i got it wrong.. when i released the button.. it said i got it wrong again.

That aside, it was a really good game, and one i enjoyed (when the 3 above didn't piss me off). I didn't expect the OK to be that person either :D.

PS3: 60GB
    PSN ID: Josseh

The_Master is offline -Hacks Neophyte

This game had a very interesting story like no other game but then again its more of an interactive movie. Still have yet to see all the endings, almost there though but its kinda annoying having to back track and playing at a certain spot. Still a good game, downloading the extra add-on, hopefully it will be good!!!!

JPPSP v1.5/5.00 m33-3, Sony 8GIG, 13UMD Games, 1 UMD Movie
    JPPS3 60gb 2.76(Died), (2x)AUPS3 3.15 60gb Model, 500gb HD, 4 SixAxis DualShock, 90 PS3 games

JoN- is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The_Master
    This game had a very interesting story like no other game but then again its more of an interactive movie. Still have yet to see all the endings, almost there though but its kinda annoying having to back track and playing at a certain spot. Still a good game, downloading the extra add-on, hopefully it will be good!!!!
    I won't be getting the add-on. Unfortunately, Rock Band seems to suck up all my PSN money.

The_Master is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by JoN-
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Master
    I won't be getting the add-on. Unfortunately, Rock Band seems to suck up all my PSN money.
    Downloaded it the other day and I've gotta say, for $8.95AUD I think it was a bit over price for what it was. The extra scene is very very short, I played it once and I thought it was a waste of money. There are 5 alternate endings if your willing to play it over and over again which can get very repetitive as I've found out trying to get "All Endings" trophies which I havent got yet. I guess if your a huge fan of Heavy Rain then go buy it but to be honest, just wait till the PS Store puts it up on special

JPPSP v1.5/5.00 m33-3, Sony 8GIG, 13UMD Games, 1 UMD Movie
    JPPS3 60gb 2.76(Died), (2x)AUPS3 3.15 60gb Model, 500gb HD, 4 SixAxis DualShock, 90 PS3 games

Just started playing this today, i think it's pretty awesome. The first chapter made me lol hard, when you have to lay the table, i kept slamming down the plates and i beat the kid with the sword. xD.

Mr_WoRRieD is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

looks like you will be a great dad BC :) .....lol

Yeah, i was gentle with the baby you had to feed/rock.

I've just completed this, it's not too long but i'm looking forward to playing it again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast