Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Power A 3 in 1 Remote for PS3

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Power A 3 in 1 Remote for PS3

I managed to pick up one of these brand new cheap on Kijiji.

POWER A 3-in-1 Remote
    PlayStation®3

* Convenient design packs 3 PS3 devices into 1!
    Wireless remote for movie playback on PS3, slide-out keypad for on-screen texting/typing, and classic gamepad controller.
    * Built-in rechargeable battery.
    * Includes: 3-in-1 Remote, 6ft/1.8m Charging Cable, and USB Adaptor.

MSRP: $39.99

I was a little skeptical because i wanted to use this on FBANext for a more retro style controller.
    I was worried that it would not work on 3.50+ FW because it is a 3rd party controller and possibly blocked by Sony.

Pros:
    * Wireless.
    * Feels like a retro controller for your Emulators.
    * Backlit QWERTY Keyboard ( Much better than Sony's Controller Add on IMO )
    * Plug the dongle into your PC's USB port and it can be used as a mini Wireless Keyboard for your PC ( This is a good feature for me because my PC is hooked up to a 42" HDTV )
    * Switches between Gamepad/Keypad to DVD/BluRay remote at the switch of a button.
    * Charges over USB with a supplied 5ft USB charge cable.
    * Works on 3.55 CFW ( Tested on Waninkoko's V2 3.55 ) Not blocked by Sony.

Cons:
    * Does not turn on the PS3 when you press the "Home" button, The console must be turned on before the controller will work.
    * Lacks L3 + R3 Analogue sticks making it impossible to play most PS3 games.
    * Not BluTooth compatible - Requires a 2.4GHz Wireless Dongle (The Dongle will use one of your USB ports)
    * Slightly bulky in design but still feels good in your hands for retro gaming.
    * It took me a little while to Sync the controller with the dongle ( A paper clip is required to force sync for the first time )
    * L2 and R2 are placed in an akward position on the front of the remote which does make it hard to exit a Rom in FBANext.
    * Feels slightly cheap
    * The DVD/BluRay remote only contains the basic functions (Play, Stop, Next, Prev, Scan, Top Menu and Display.

Overall:
    Works great for Emulators (Requires CFW) but not quite worth the $39.99 Price tag. If you can find one of these cheap like i did then pick it up. Works great as a keyboard and Remote but lacks too much to be used as a gamepad for PS3 games.
    If you do not already have a Keyboard Addon and the Bluray Remote for your PS3 then this is a great cheap alternative + you get the added bonus of a mini Wireless PC keyboard.

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

I wouldnt mind having it just for the keyboard and remote. I'll tell you what I will let you send it to me.

Mick is offline Coma -Hacks Titan

that looks awsome. ill keep a eye out for one. thanks jibbz!

xarvox is offline -Hacks Newbie

How does it fold out/in?
    and how does the mechanism feel?

i was considering purchasing it, but i later had a change of heart, didnt look good enough for the asking price..
    for one i missed the analog stick/mouse function and was pretty sure it would get blocked by sony (for competing with their snap-on keyboard (crapboard)

But it could suffice for linux, having a virtual mouse setup for the d-pad and some button to change the d-pad to a scroller..

Quote Originally Posted by xarvox
    How does it fold out/in?
    and how does the mechanism feel?..
    It slides up and "clicks" (Locks into place) I does feel like it could break if you applied enough force to it.

i was considering purchasing it, but i later had a change of heart, didnt look good enough for the asking price..
    Yup ... The asking price is too much ..... I was lucky and got it for half price.

for one i missed the analog stick/mouse function and was pretty sure it would get blocked by sony (for competing with their snap-on keyboard (crapboard)
    But it could suffice for linux, having a virtual mouse setup for the d-pad and some button to change the d-pad to a scroller..
    It would probably work well for Linux.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Neat, though no analog sticks is a draw-back. Can't be good with good games... Does it have any motion control?

djmika760 is offline -Hacks Smarty

$27 with shipping is not bad at all. http://cgi.ebay.com/Power-Sony-PS3-3...item2a0df98f3d

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave
    Neat, though no analog sticks is a draw-back. Can't be good with good games... Does it have any motion control?
    It is worthless as a PS3 controller (Unless you are using it for Emu's) because of the lack of Analog.
    Sadly no motion control either.

@ djmika760... $27 is a much more reasonable price for it.

JPiccott is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Cool little device, Im gunna pick one up if I can find one cheap. Gunna be great for playing Mario and stuff on SNES. Thanks jibbz. =-)

Under_the_Radar13 is offline -Hacks Smarty

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-in-1-Wireless-...16166190538797

That one looks like it has analog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast