Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset

Pooky_187 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Thumbs up PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessor...-headset/91191

My Review:
    PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset (USB Dongle not blutooth)

Overall Rating - 9.8/10

Comfort - 9.5/10
    After several hours of playing games, listening to music & watching movies they never got uncomfortable.

Sound Quality - 9.9/10
    I tried games such as BFBC2 with the War Tapes setting & sounded amazing, a friend i was playing with heard me crystal clear & i heard him perfectly. Music & movies sounded great & i could even feel some bass on my ears, it was like having a $600 surround sound system strapped to my head. I also watched Bluray version of Tron Legacy & it was amazing sound quality & i heard everything even things in the background like you do with a surround sound system.

Ease of use - 10/10
    All the adjustable switches are all on the left ear & all in the perfect locations that dont get bunched up by eachother & you press the wrong button like a blutooth headset. This is wear i love this headset cause the ease of use, to explain more on the back side is a slider for volume control & on the front side is the most genius part. There is a slider for when your in a game if you move slider up it lowers everyones voice so you hear more of the game or if you move it down it lowers game volume so you can hear teammates better witch is a absolute great feature since you usually you have to go into game settings to change that. The power & mute button are one in the same & if you look at the picture all you do is press the top of the big black flat part, its not a acuall button witch makes it easier so you dont have to feel around for the button. On top of that by the power is a button to put it in virtual surround sound mode. Anytime you make a change like turning up volume on the top right of the screen you will see 4 small icons, (1) for when its on stereo or virtual surround sound (2) displays volume level (3) Display for when microphone is on or off (4) Battery charge level. The only time they dont show up on screen is why watching a bluray movie.

Design/Look - 7/10
    It looks big & bulky & kinda is but who cares cause its not about style its about quality & these are quality.

Wireless Range - 8.5/10
    I went up to 40ft away till it dropped off witch was amazing, it did cut off 2 times for about a second 15 feet away while i was outside but that was when the wind picked up but it was flawless all through the house & i even sat outside for about 20 min outside on my back porch 15 feet away & still had great quality.

Battery Life - ?/10
    I have used it for about 1 hour gaming, 2 hours music & 2 hours for movie. After all the the battery still shows a full charge so it will probally last as long or longer than PS3 controler.

*** You can charge it on a PC/Laptop & still use it on PS3 why it charges so you dont have to sit right in front of your Tv or where ever you have your PS3 placed.

Issues:
    Only issue i had was i have a wireless keyboard with USB dongle & since headset is the same the headset does interfear with the keyboard sometimes.

My Thoughts & feeling on item:

This Headset is amazing! I dont think i will use my surround sound system as often cause i prefer to wear these plus when kids are in bed i can wear these & have it loud & it wont disturb them since the audio on tv automaticly turns off when headset is on. Its more than worth the $100 & i recomend this to everyone if you want a quality wireless headset with mic, the mic also is retractable for when your not using it as a mic. According to the manual it also works on PC's but i havn't tested it on PC yet.

Gamer Since 1988 ~ 23+yrs as a GAMER

i dont know why i even bother posting this here cause it seems on here people only care about the hacks & nothing else really

Xfri is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

^ lol poor Pooky

Quote Originally Posted by Xfri View Post
    ^ lol poor Pooky
    haha I know its a hacks site but since the PS3 got hacked no one really talk about legit gaming here

^ Don't worry your review is great.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

There is a post on this headset already, maybe that's why?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    There is a post on this headset already, maybe that's why?
    really? Didn't see one plus i doubt its a detailed review like mine

I barely come here anymore because its all hacks talk & not a lot of acuall PS3/game talk

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky_187 View Post
    really? Didn't see one plus i doubt its a detailed review like mine

I barely come here anymore because its all hacks talk & not a lot of acuall PS3/game talk
    This site has been slow lately. There isnt a whole lot of talk about anything anymore. It does seem we talk less about legit stuff.

As far as legit goes Im looking forward to Arkham City and Battlefield 3. I dont plan on buying MW3 Im breaking away from the same game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsamp View Post
    This site has been slow lately. There isnt a whole lot of talk about anything anymore. It does seem we talk less about legit stuff.

As far as legit goes Im looking forward to Arkham City and Battlefield 3. I dont plan on buying MW3 Im breaking away from the same game.
    Same here, im getting that batman & already pre-ordered BF3 & cant wait for it. BF3 is only game next to Uncharted 3 i am really looking forward to, also excited & pre-ordered NFS Run also. As far as MW3 im not buying it but i am renting it through gamefly cause even tho i dont kare about MW3 online cause theres to many assholes i will like to see how single player stacks up against BF3 so when people ask me witch they always do i can give a honest opinion on witch i think is better even though im sure BF3 will blow Cod's head off with a sawed off shotgun

This headset need 3.7X firmware right?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast