Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The New New PS3 Hacking Thread

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Unbricking any bricked PS3 using a NAND Flasher

Last edited by Demonchild; 03-27-2011 at 10:54 PM.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Updating Your Firmware Through Recovery

Twitter

Ok, so I've updated the guide to a new more organized format. The posts from the old thread won't be carried over to this one as it will just break everything. (I mean I could but that would defeat the whole point of organizing the thread in the first place)

Twitter

abcdus786 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Hey

I guess this forum is for newbie's..

I jailbreak my new PSP with CFW 3.55 KMEAW.
    I have installed lv2pather and GAIA manager..
    I found a tutorial on this website..

I need to know how to put games in your PSP..
    Do we need to copy it to a specific folder or what..

I have downloaded crysis2 and have 2 folders in it..
    PS3_GAME
    PS3_DISC.SFB

where shall I put them..

Guide me to a forum if you can please if this is not the right place to put this issue..

Thanks in advance..
    Ash

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

The PS3 Game layout is typically something like this

+/BLUS12345/
    -PS3_GAME/
    -PS3_DISC.SFB

You need to copy that BLUS folder with those files into the folder onto your external drive. You can rename that folder. I rename all mine to the games name. Depending on which package you used to install your backup manager is where it decides where the game goes. I isntalled the GAMEZ pkg so the PS3 folder goes in the /GAMEZ folder on the external or in your case the PSP.

VuZuW is offline -Hacks Guru

A very nice compilation, you should keep updating it with close could-be exploits for hope to those on FW 3.56+, such as the new QA thing that I can't seem to understand yet..

pspkukawai is offline -Hacks Smarty

Thumbs up

I did this tut and it was very easy to follow; also, the step by step is very well organized.
    May i know which is the "best" /most up to date cfw for now (Aug 24 2011) (just curious)? Because I see you mentioned it "...As of March 15, 2011, the recommended custom firmware to use is the one released by PS3ITA..." Btw, I am using this cfw since you recommended it on your tut. Thank you and I hope you will make other nice tut like this soon.

Its still any of the 3.55 custom firmwares. They all do the same thing basically, its all about the apps you use for your games.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Twitter

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild View Post
    [B][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]
    1. Upgrade the PS3 to the base firmware that the custom firmware uses. That is either 3.41 for Hermes or 3.55 for the rest. You can download the firmware updates here.

2. Extract the official firmware .PUP file and move it to /PS3/UPDATE on your USB device and be sure that it is named 'PS3UPDAT'.

3. Insert the USB device into your PS3 and ensure that it is detected.

4. Go to the XMB, left to Settings, then up to select System Update. From there, select 'Update From Storage Device'.

5. Wait for the PS3 to read the firmware. It will display the firmware version that you are updating to. Follow through with the update normally.

6. When your console is restarted after the update, insert the USB device in your PC.

7. Custom firmwares are prepared in the same manner. Extract the .PUP file of the custom firmware download and move it to /PS3/UPDATE.

8. Repeat steps 3-5 above. Once the update is completed this time, you should see two new options under GAME depending on the firmware installed.
    I installed 3.55 OFW, now I can't install the CFW. Says I am already at the latest version. So apparently "Upgrade the PS3 to the base firmware that the custom firmware uses. That is either 3.41 for Hermes or 3.55 for the rest" is incorrect... Perhaps I should have stayed on 2.5 and used a USB dongle...

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Organized_Chaos View Post
    I installed 3.55 OFW, now I can't install the CFW. Says I am already at the latest version. So apparently "Upgrade the PS3 to the base firmware that the custom firmware uses. That is either 3.41 for Hermes or 3.55 for the rest" is incorrect... Perhaps I should have stayed on 2.5 and used a USB dongle...
    You have to install CFW 3.55 from the recovery menu.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast