Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Walkthrough & Problem with Swap Magic 3.6

imported_SupraGaz is offline -Hacks Newbie

Delete

siptang is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

wow... now that's the way to ask a question!

I don't know myself but I'll check on-line for you.
    It's interesting to me also.

ps3xploit is offline -Hacks Newbie

alright, I should have gone into detail more on this. This walk through you are doing is excellent keep up the good work.

2 quick notes.

#1 swap magic is not needed at all unless you need to convert pal video to ntsc
    #2 works with any firmware so far (untested 1.54)

what you want to do is have a disk in the bd drive before you disassemble it. this keeps the drive in the disk ready position. you don't want to use the slide mech at all and if you hit eject with a disk in the drive with the magnet in place you can scratch your super expensive blue-violet laser lens.
    use electrical tape over the eject button contact and under the prod.

now you can install the drive and secure it down with two bolts in opposite corners.

what it looks like in the assembled stage

slap in a legit ps2 dvd (with a table of content size greater than or equal to your back up) and boot the system, it will recognize it as a ps2 dvd game.
    at the xmb screen push down on the magnet to stop the laser. it wont stop the disk from spinning so be careful.

swap your back-up and drop the game and magnet so they fall on the spindle perfectly.

now push x or o(j-spec) to boot your back-up.

siptang is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

wow... nice man!
    they should make a case mod so that we don't have to do this everytime ey?
    i have few pal games that I want to play

imported_blimpie92 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Wow nice pics guys I wouldn't dare do that to my. I am just to cautious!:mrgreen:
    PSN:blimpie92
    Games: NBA08, NCAA 08, MLB The Show 08, COD4, GTAIV
    Get some free money for paypal use me as referal.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=sJm1Z08j1ko

imported_SupraGaz is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ps3xploit
    alright, I should have gone into detail more on this. This walk through you are doing is excellent keep up the good work.

2 quick notes.

#1 swap magic is not needed at all unless you need to convert pal video to ntsc
    #2 works with any firmware so far (untested 1.54)

what you want to do is have a disk in the bd drive before you disassemble it. this keeps the drive in the disk ready position. you don't want to use the slide mech at all and if you hit eject with a disk in the drive with the magnet in place you can scratch your super expensive blue-violet laser lens.
    use electrical tape over the eject button contact and under the prod.

now you can install the drive and secure it down with two bolts in opposite corners.

slap in a legit ps2 dvd (with a table of content size greater than or equal to your back up) and boot the system, it will recognize it as a ps2 dvd game.
    at the xmb screen push down on the magnet to stop the laser. it wont stop the disk from spinning so be careful.

swap your back-up and drop the game and magnet so they fall on the spindle perfectly.

now push x or o(j-spec) to boot your back-up.
    Thanks very much, that is where I am going wrong - not having a disc in the drive to start with.

I have a HK PS3 with alot of PAL PS2 games so I guess I will need the swap magic disc in order to convert?
    Secondly, my Swap Magic disc was originally for my PAL PS2, so would I need a NTSC Swap magic disc to work correctly with the HK PS3. The reason I ask this is because I get the region error when I try to load the Swap Magic disc.

Thanks for the reply, been trying to contact you since I first found the video on utube and ps3news but unfortunately got banned before I could messege you. :blush:

ps3xploit is offline -Hacks Newbie

yeah, you're going to need a NTSC-J swapmagic, I bought mine from a random site on swapmagic3.com

turns out they don't like it when you expose their money making false hope news. I should have never posted there, but I got bored and wanted my 15 mins of fame.

Gurduk is offline -Hacks Newbie

Blh blh blh.

imported_alien1201 is offline -Hacks Newbie

LOL I has found........ yeah thanks

HackITandC is offline -Hacks Newbie

Supragaz, the ps2 switch must be the best option for you right now??, rather then the swap thingy. Great pics by the way!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast