Thread: Remote Play On-The-Go!!

troy2000 is offline -Hacks Ninja

THIS TUTORIAL IS OUT OF DATE - FEATURE NOW AVAILABLE

Spoiler:

The title says it all :). Here is how to set up PS3 Remote Play, so that it should be accessable from just about any Wifi internet connection! Before you get your hopes up too much, I need to say that this did work for me, but some people may have problems if their router does not support IP forwarding.

To follow this guide, you will need:

- 1 PS3 -
    - 1 PSP -
    - 1 PC -
    - 1 Wifi Router w/ IP forwarding -
    - 1 Wifi To Ethernet Game Adaptor -

OK, lets get started ;).

Power on your PS3 and PSP. Set up remote play as usual (if you have trouble, please examine the PS3 manual), when it is finished, go to Remote Play settings on your PS3 and choose "Custom Connection Settings". Take note of the SSID, and then change the WPA Key to "12345678".
    On your Wifi to Ethernet game adaptor, set the target SSID and WPA settings to that of the PS3, and connect it to your router via Ethernet cable. In your router settings, choose to forward the router's internet connection to the IP address of the game adaptor. Run remote play on your PS3. Now, basicly you have a Remote play server, which can be accessed by any PSP in the world that knows your WPA key! :D. On to the final part.
    On your PSP, go to the Network section and choose Remote Play, it will ask you to choose a connection, move the highlight bar down to "PLAYSTATION(R)3" and press the triangle button, choose edit. Next you will be presented with the "WLAN Settings" screen. Choose "Enter Manually" and enter your router's SSID. Now you are asked for the security type. Leave this as it is and continue to the "WPA Key" screen, where you enter the same numbers as you did on your PS3 "12345678". At the next screen, select "Easy" under "Address Settings". Now, you will be given the option to change your connection name, followed by a summary of your settings. Continue and press "X" to finish.
    Choose the freshly edited connection, and you should be connected straight to your PS3!!! :D.

Finally, enjoy all your videos and music! ;).

imported_snafupossum is offline -Hacks Neophyte

1. Do you have to have the game adaptor?
    2. Why do you say you need a computer, while there is no computer in the setup?
    3. Is this for the new remote play so you can play anywhere in the world you get a wifi connection (I don think its this, just never specificly said, but the lack of external connection on the tut kinda makes me think that its just for use around the house)?
    \"Friggin Powerslave going friggin chuck norris on us and dropping the dictionary bomb on us.\" -nickb827
    Soft Mod Depot - your source for the latest in console modding-http://smdepot.net

1: You don't have to have a game adaptor, but without one, you need to have your PC on all the time to use remote play through ICS.

2: You need a computer to configure the router through IE.

3: This is using regular remote play, not just around the house, it can be accessed from anywhere by using a PC to relay the router's visible IP address. I have tested it from a wifi hotspot.

Also, if you examine my tutorial, you will find this: :)

Quote: "which can be accessed by any PSP in the world that knows your WPA key"

imported_dantralee is offline -Hacks Newbie

now im more confused :( what the hell is a game adaptor, and what is ICS

A game adaptor is a device that links a wireless network to a wired network. ICS means "Internet Connection Sharing".

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

I don't have a PSP so it doesn't really matter but you don't have to use GAY IE to setup your router.
    You can do it with the internet browser on your PS3 or PSP.
    just type in the IP address of your Router.