Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Playing Blu-Ray Movie on PS3. FW 1.6 and up.

siptang is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

domerdel - like I mentioned alot of manual internvention is needed to get everything working.
    for me, first file always worked. Like I stated above I had to becareful how I split the file but it looks like you have learned that lesson yourself.

domerdel is offline -Hacks Newbie

Update: resplit them using HDBDsplitGUI in 3700MB pieces (instead of 3800). It worked for all files! :)

siptang is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

nice.

say, HDBDsplitGUI program. Is it freeware?

cellkid is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by domerdel
    actually, i got a few m2ts files to play from a sequence from the HDD, NOT a disc. like i said, m2ts is a container, not a codec... therefore i believe the "m2ts can only play from discs" theory is slightly incorrect.

Here's the steps that I took:

1. Ran SAK, ripped BD movie to Ext HDD
    2. Merged ISO onto PC - NTFS
    3. Mounted ISO
    4. Used AnyDVD HD to rip
    5. Took largest m2TS file, and split it in 3.5/gb pieces (10 total) using file splitter 1.31
    6. Put renamed 00001.m2ts - 00010.m2ts back onto ext fat32 HDD
    7. connected to PS3, selected Video > USB hit triangle "select all"
    8. First file plays awesome!!! sound excellent!!
    9. 00007.m2ts, and 00010.m2ts worked as well, others gave me message "unsupported data" and one of them said "Data corrupted"

Step 5... I want to say it was the generic file splitter. There's a rumored program called HDBDSplitGUI, but i cannot find a valid copy for the life of me.

My question is, is there really a specific numbering sequence to 5 digit code and/or is it the generic file splitter that's giving me problems with this type of file format.

running FW 1.70

UPDATE: DBDSplitGUI Helps, 90% working file. Split into 10 m2ts files from one. part 5 was corrupt. Even recognized Dolby Digital and played flawlessly (the other 9 parts). This leads me to believe that m2ts files are sensitive to how they are split. None of those extra demuxing, ,changing file names. m2ts files work, and did not come up "Data unsupported" (only one of them did it was corrupt)
    Hi domerdel,

I followed your instruction and everything went well. Except I can't "Select All" from playing... I have to select each one of m2ts... Any idea how to fix it?

I have just rip "Stealth" Bluray (Approx. 20GB) last night and use DBDSplitGUI to split 7 m2ts file. I rename 'em as 00001.m2ts ~ 00007.m2ts. I placed 'em in my USB-Hard Drive and under a folder called "VIDEO". After I plugin to my PS3, I can't use your method to select all from playing.... Is there anything I did wrong? Please help.. Thx~ ^_^

imported_Sassha is offline -Hacks Newbie

Goooood job guys...I was just breaking the ice :)
    ...:layB3yond::...

Noice is offline -Hacks Newbie

This looks quite long. Is ISO mouting necessary? (Why) can't AnyDVD-HD just treat the SAK-generated ISO directly?

James@ps3hack is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Noice
    This looks quite long. Is ISO mouting necessary? (Why) can't AnyDVD-HD just treat the SAK-generated ISO directly?
    come on , the drive don't support HD-DVD then and no ISO mounting:paranoid:

NeK
    NeK is offline -Hacks Newbie

Does anyone no how to copy the bluray disk over the network faster because it takes way way longer then direct to drive. Its much quicker to copy to a ext HDD then connect it back to the PC but it would be much easyier to use the network.

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by NeK
    Does anyone no how to copy the bluray disk over the network faster because it takes way way longer then direct to drive. Its much quicker to copy to a ext HDD then connect it back to the PC but it would be much easyier to use the network.
    Your network is probably slower than your drive. High Speed USB max speed is 480Mbps. If you're using wireless with your PS3 the max speed is 54Mbps and that hardly ever happens. If you're using wired, and your router and computer have gigabit ports, you can get 1Gbps. But copying over the network will likely slow down when using the internet at the same time.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

NeK: USB 2.0 is faster than 4x faster 100Mbps network connection, unless you have FOUR devices connected and running at > 100Mbps each... Do the math people...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast