Thread: Stream Music to PS3 from Linux/Mac computer

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

I CAN'T GET THIS WORKING!!!. EVERYTHING WORKS EXCEPT THE PS3 END OF IT. MAYBE IT'S MY FAULT AS MY ROUTER DOESN'T LIKE TO DO UPnP WITH MY PS3. HELP IS APPRECIATED

I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!

Linux users!! Check this out. MEDIATOMB
    (also works for SuSe, openSUSE, MAC OS, et c)

I have been asking for a way to stream music to my PS3 from my Linux computer much like I could with my (retarded) Windows laptop with Windows Media Player.
    Well. No one would tell me a good program to use. I had tried a few (maybe even this one but it was a while ago and I sucked at compiling and installing things in Linux) with no success. Now I have tried again first with FUPPES witch wouldn't install for me. Next I tried MediaTomb and it works like a charm, Easy to install. After install I just had to run mediatomb in the konsel and it told me where to go in my browser to get it up and running. Very easy.

Now I know this isn't really a tutorial but that's because there website tells you everything so I'll just link it. I recommend this to any non-Windows user.

Their website is http://mediatomb.cc/pages/documentation

Hope I helped someone.

imported_shindo is offline -Hacks Newbie

I just run a webserver and stream everything though the web browser.

I don't really care anymore. My router (linksys) goes fucking retarded when I turn Media Servers on for PS3. Thanks though. I can just transfer everything with my external HDD

Mods you can delete this.

I feel like an ass but I'm just bumpin it. Please help. I'm going to fool around with it right now.

imported_shindo is offline -Hacks Newbie

Im not talking about using media servers. Im talking about using a standard web server for hosting HTML and video files