Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Play MKV content on PS3 - No Quality Loss(7 Steps)

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Yeah there is MKV2VOB, which is VERY SIMPLE, as is GotSent...

NeK
    NeK is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave
    Quote Originally Posted by dazbobaby
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools/mkv2vob

Use this, much simpler, and faster. 2 clicks and you're done.
    It also RE-Codes some files as they wont play, now I disabled encoding and they still played fine.
    Take's about 20 minutes to extract the file.
    .VOB and other MPEG 2 files have a 720p resolution limit.
    This cant be true I been using MKVtoVOB for 2 months now and have never noticed and loss in video or audio quilty using it. Nice Tutorial though your method seems a lot longer then using MKVtoVOB

Mick is offline Coma -Hacks Titan

he means they cant do 1080p videos

FamilyGuy1 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

It was an older post anyway, pay attention people

White Knight Chronicles Addict 1200+hrs

MKV2VOB, the name of the program is now misleading. It used to only make VOB files, and they had the resolution limit... This was OLDER versions, but now, it does MPEG H.264 which do not have the 720p limit... I talked about this before, and I was told a .VOB file has a 720p limit. I am talking files with a .VOB extension, not .MPG or .MPEG extensions.

Also, this software also has NO loss if video quality from an MKV as there is no TRANSCODING, it just extracts. What i don't like is DTS tracks are converted to AC3. I have a DTS receiver, so that's too bad for me, but, it works great otherwise. There was another version just released last week, that fixes the audio problems I had with the previous one. It didn't even say MKV Extract this time, just DTS to AC3.... They are continually fine-tuning this program.

Mr_WoRRieD is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

if the mkv's resolution is bluray compliant like 1920x1080 or 1280x720 (sadly most of them are not) i always use tsmuxer to create an bluray structure to keep the dts sound, and this way i can also add soft subs.
    so for me thumbs up for tsmuxer :)

craig is offline -Hacks Guru

Has anyone solved the green bar problem when using tsmuxer? For example you have 720P .mkv and create a blu-ray structure from it, then burn it onto a dvd, when attempting to play back on the PS3 or standalone blu-ray player you get green bars taking over about 30% of the bottom of the screen

the green bars only show when your video is not bluray compliant 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720
    the newer version of mkv2vob solves the green problem but it dousnt solve the main problem , video starts to write from the upper top of the screen where obviously should be an black bar.

so below the video you have like 2 black bars ;)

only when you take out the m2ts file and just stream it or whatever the video will be in the centre of the screen.
    this issue is the main reason i always look for mkv's that are true formats 1920/1080 or 1280/720.

The new version of MKV2VOB now also states at the bottom of the screen, that you must have V1.53 or better firmware to play the files it makes. Never any BARS for me, but then I just make the one .MPG file and do not make a Br-D structure for burning to disc; I have 1TB of HDD space for streaming.

it's not because you just play the MPG that you don't have bars , it's because you set your tv or the ps3 to zoom ;)
    i keep aspect ratio on tv so i see bars in any case (if source is not 16:9). and i don't burn the avchd's to dvd i put them on an usb stick and it works great ;)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast