Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial: Burn Blu-Ray Onto A DVD-5 Or DVD-9

craig is offline -Hacks Guru

Ok after messing around for a good while i have finaly found a full proof way of turing those blu ray mkv files into playable discs. Now if you have ever tried just creating a blu-ray structure using from the mkv you will know that you get green bars taking over a large part of your screen. This method will eliminate this.

A typical movie is between 90 and 150 minutes long. So we can expect to fit a 720P rip onto a DVD-5 and a 1080P on a DVD-9

Now some general sence is needed for this. If you have a .mkv file sitting at say 4GB before we even start this process accept the fact that you are likely to need a DVD-9 to burn it as this process will add to its final size.

So if you have read the previous, We are now ready to begin

Programs Needed:

TsMuxer: Download Here
    RipBot264: Download Here
    ImgBurn: Download Here

Recommended Steps To Remove Subtitles

Before you being following my guide i recommend that you do these two simple steps to find and remove any subtitles before you begin. If you would like to keep any possiable subtiles then jump right into the main guide.

1. Open your .mkv with tsmuxer and uncheck the subtitle box

2. Change the output to .m2ts file and click "Start muxing"

Guide:

1. Start ripbot and click the add button

2. Open your .mkv by clicking the "..." button at the video source and let it load the info for this mkv

3. Next click the properties button

4. Using the drop down menu under "Crop" set it to "Automatically"

5. Next under the "Size" menu select "Custom" and set your new size. And click "Ok"
    Incase you dont know the default sizes of blu-ray are:

720P = 1280X720
    1080P = 1280 X 1080

Now mine was set at 544 so i would up the size to 720 as that is the next closet one, ie if it was 544 you would not go setting it to 1080!

6. This part is up to you, you can go ahead and try to turn it right into a blu-ray structure or you can turn it back into a .mkv to then turn it into a blu-ray structure. I have found problems jumping right into the blu-ray structure so i recommend going for the .mkv first

7. Click "Done" and wait for it to complete. Go have a break because it could take a long time. I myself have a quad core PC and it took just under 2 hours for it to complete.

8. Once it is done open the new .mkv it has created with Tsmuxer by clicking the "Add" button

9. Select the "Output" as "Create Blu-ray disk" and click "Start Muxing"

10. Once it has completed you should have a new folder called "BDMV"

11. Now open imgburn to burn this folder. Click "Build" from the "Mode Menu"

12. Now drag and drop the "BDMV" folder into Imgburn and click the "folder to disc" icon

Let it burn and when it is done you should be able to play the resulting disk in your PS3 or standalone blu-ray Player

Enjoy!

Mr_WoRRieD is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

ok, nice tutorial , but this is only usefull for people that insist on burning movies to dvd (avchd) or they want to play on an standalone player , for the rest of us i would say don't bother with it , this method means in most cases re-encoding , because there are not that many bluray compliant mkv's out there.

i wonder why you want to burn the movies , you must own an ps3 right? , why not use external hdd or just stream , i find playing movies from hdd or usb device absoluty great, and i dont'want to burn a dvd ever again :)

^^
    Dont know i like it being on a dvd rather than having to plug in an external hdd, Overall it dosent really matter to me cause i have a blu-ray burner anyways :) But its still handy to have cause i have a PS3 and a standalone player for my living room.

I just thought i would make it cause it may be handy to others

Mr_WoRRieD is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

if i could do this in 2 hours like you do i would use this tutorial right away, but i'm affraid it might take all day on my cpu ... lol.
    i might try this method , because i still have some mkv's lying around that are not bluray compliant and i like to play movies as avchd :)

Yeah, It gives you an eta anyway so if it looks like its gonna take to long then you could just cancel it :)

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Well, for people who have BR-D players, this is good. My uncle would like to have a lot of movies I have. Well, if I had all this stuff, I could make a DVD with the file structure for him, so he could play it in a conventional player. I, have them on two external units, memory cards... You can still burn the converted MKV3VOB to a DVD to play on PS3, but, this is nice for people who have BR-D players only.

I guess the software is not free? I didn't see any links...

Yep all freeware, Updated with links :)

The_Wii_Nes_Boy is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Nice tutorial, now I can burn HD movies for my friends. My PC is an ok specs so it shouldn't take that long to re-encode :D

The Wired Network Box - World of Stuff
    \"We don\'t share pirated copyright content, we just like liberating content held hostage for a ridiculous price.\"
    Never shall I bow to the Power that isn\'t!

Thanks, Updated with steps on how to find and remove any possiable subtitles

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

MKV2BOV also supports making AVCHD, Disk or USB right from the MKV. Just change it in the config, then add the file to process, just a FEW clicks... You need to make the UDF 2.50 disc with Nero or other software...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast