Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Yellow Light of Death Fix.

Mr_WoRRieD is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

colinjester , i can't thank you enough for this fix , i just rescued my savegames and was able to deactivate my main account on my yloded ps3 :)

i had no compound lying around so i used the metal to metal method and since the fan kicks in after 30 sec. i think i should consider taking it apart again and apply some compound.

but my main goal was getting to my saves and account and that worked , many many thanks.

meetdeath1 is offline -Hacks Newbie

not sure if this is the right place for this post but hope so i have fixed 3 ps3 now with all the credit going to much smarter people than me the quwestion i have is about the new one i have to fix it came with ylod which i fixed but after putting it back together the ps3 powers on and stays on but the picture is black:( after serching online i found that holding the power botton might reset it to work with ethir a hdmi or av cable tryed and it didnt work. i did get it to come on once but it only flickerd white dots on the screen of my telly like it was froze on the way to booting up any idias or information as to why would be great any fixes would be better

colinjester is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_WoRRieD
    colinjester , i can't thank you enough for this fix , i just rescued my savegames and was able to deactivate my main account on my yloded ps3 :)

i had no compound lying around so i used the metal to metal method and since the fan kicks in after 30 sec. i think i should consider taking it apart again and apply some compound.

but my main goal was getting to my saves and account and that worked , many many thanks.
    no worries lol

as for your problem meetdeath1 it sounds like the rsx hasnt reflowed properly
    PSN ID: gilksy

YLOD REPAIR VIDEOS http://www.youtube.com/user/gilksy1
    YLOD REPAIR PDF http://www.filefactory.com/file/af246bg/n/YLOD_fix_pdf

imported_tanimr2002 is offline -Hacks Newbie

today i just fixed my ylod problem..its 40gb...but after fix ps3 running quite good..but still facing same ylod issue some times..like if i turn off my ps3..and after 20 mnts later i cant turn it on its always yellow light beep and then red.....everytime i have to press power button like 5-6 times...but if its run then ic an play like 5-6 hours without any prob...plz let me know what is the problem

imported_Kiss Of Death is offline -Hacks Newbie

I tried this fix from the youtube video about a year ago, first time i fixed my first ps3 it lasted for 2 months before i got the YLOD again, the second time i fixed it it lasted for 3 weeks, when opening it up for the 3rd time i noticed that while your PS3 is flat down with the power button facing up, the motherboard that holds the problem chips is actually upside down so the weight of the chips is pulling them down as they get hot, and decided after fixing my ps3 for a 3rd time i'd try storing it upside down permanently while playing aswell as when it is turned off, so far it has lasted 5 months and it's still going so any of you that have had a reoccurring problem might want to try my upside down method

:bucktooth:

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15