Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: AC Brotherhood on 3.41 Jailbroken PS3.

JPiccott is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Default AC Brotherhood on 3.41 Jailbroken PS3.

Ok, so this here is my first tutorial ever, and I hope it will help some of you out. As I have seen numerous posts from people who just can't seem to get Brotherhood going on a jailbroken ps3. So here goes!!! =-)

First of all, whether you ripped the game yourself, or downloaded it somewhere, you need to figure out what version of the game you have. The one from ATAX is the EUR version, and all required files are included in there download. If you have not downloaded the game through them (includes the ATAX torrent download), then you will have to go to your game directory to find out which you have. ie: GAMEZ, BDRIPS, etc. --- (located on your internal, or external HDD).

When you have determined what version you have, continue below.

US Version (BLUS30537):

Ok, now that you know you have the US version of the game, we can get started.
    First go to this link, and download the required .pkg file.

BLUS30537 --- http://b0.ww.sp-int.dl.playstation.n...0102-V0100.pkg

This is the game update file that installs when you first play a new game. Game will NOT boot if this isn't installed first.
    Next save it to the root of your flash drive. (The one you use for .pkg files).
    Now, boot up your PS3 in jailbroken mode as you would normally, insert your flash drive, and install the .pkg file you just placed on the root of it.
    Next, load your backup manager. Open Manager 2.1 (Get the stealth version if you plan on playing online) works best as you don't need to manually edit the games .sfo file to 3.41. Just go to AC Brotherhood, press start (enables BD required), and press L2 (patches it for 3.41).
    *** Go to bottom if your using another BM. ***
    Now press X to launch, return to the XMB insert any PS3 game, and click the BD icon to boot up the game like normal.
    Thats it! Enjoy!! =-)

EUR Version (BLES00909, BLES00910, and BLES00911):

Ok, now that you know you have the EUR version of the game, we can get started.
    Follow the same steps as in the US version, but you must use a different .pkg file from the first step. I have supplied links to all versions.

BLES00909 --- http://b0.ww.sp-int.dl.playstation.n...0102-V0100.pkg

BLES00910 --- http://b0.ww.sp-int.dl.playstation.n...0102-V0100.pkg

BLES00911 --- http://b0.ww.sp-int.dl.playstation.n...0102-V0100.pkg

After downloading the correct file for your version of the game, go back and continue with the US version instructions.
    Make sure you choose the correct one as the game will not boot if you have the wrong one installed.

OTHER NOTES:

- I haved tested both versions, and confirm them WORKING on my 3.41 jailbroken PS3.
    - Tested using both Open Manager 2.1 (stealth or not), and Gaia Manager.

*** If you prefer a BM other then Open Manager 2.1, you might have to manually edit the .sfo files located the the AC Brotherhood game folder, on your internal or external drive.
    Use the following software to edit .sfo files.
    PS3 SFO Editor v0.80 --- http://www.ps3-hacks.com/file/74
    OR
    PS3 PKG Tool v0.5 --- http://www.ps3-hacks.com/file/144

OTHER DOWNLOADS:
    Open Manager 2.1 I-2 --- http://www.multiupload.com/LOSH095TTM
    Open Manager 2.1 I-2 (Stealth Version) --- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VZ54HK1J

Again, this was my first tutorial ever, I hope it helps someone out. Feel free to add any comment, questions, concerns, etc. below. I will do my best to help out if something isn't clear here, or its still not working for you. Also let me know if I have missed anything. Cheers!! =-D

*A fair bit of this info was acquired from various sites I found from extensive searches, therefore I cannot take FULL credit for the work. Thanks to those who contributed. =-)

imported_JusPlaying is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hey man great tutorial. I understood everything. I only have one problem (probably fairly big one). I never really messed with the managers and sfo's and such and thus have been using the very first payload with backup manager support. How do I get Open Manager 2.1? I heard someone mention Hermes v4 or something. Does THAT have Open Manager 2.1? I use a Minimus ATB board. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!!!

@JusPlaying

First of all, you should always update your payload because right now the current one has 3.50 spoofing, and supports PSN. As for open manager I will give you a link to both the stealth and non-stealth versions. The links will be added into my tutorial. As for the payload for your Minimus ATB board, Im not too familiar with devices other then rockbox enabled ipods, but I will see what I can find for you. Does the Minimus ATB board use the "Minimus v1 hex file"??? Let me know what you use, and I will give you a link to both hermes v4b, and PL3. Both will have 3.50 spoofing and PSN support. I suggest you get the OM 2.1 Stealth version if you wanna go online.

UPDATE:

Did some searching for you, and I for the files you will be needing. Just get the new hex file from the download link below, theres a bunch so get the right one for your board, and flash it like you did before. Now you should be able to use the PSN, and after booting into jailbroken mode, your version should say 3.50. Cheers!!

Also, I HIGHLY recommend you use the stealth version of OM 2.1 if your going to go online. And still use caution as you can still be caught, and possibly banned from PSN.

PSGroove w/ PSN + 3.50 Spoofing --- http://www.ps3-hacks.com/file/197
    This download includes both Hermes v4b, and PL3 payloads, for MANY different boards.

Hope this fixes any issues you have!! Have Fun. Cheers! =)

imported_rebornee is offline -Hacks Newbie

I installed the .pkg file using *install package files. I used the usa one. it showed two files I installed the first one and tried the game then got (an error occured during the start operation.(80010009)). I then installed the second file but I just get this error every time I have rebooted the system multiple times.
    I have a minimus with hermes v4b /3.50 spoofing. have also tried just loading the disc. and I am using om2.1/3.41 patch.
    Rebornee

@rebornee

I don't know why it is showing 2 files, and the download only has one file in it. Did you download this game somewhere, or did you rip it yourself?? If you ripped it yourself, then check the folder name in your GAMEZ directory, as it should say BLUS-30537. (US Version). The game CANNOT be run from the disc, and you must have it on either the internal or external HDD. After installing the .pkg file, check your Game Data Utility, to see that the update for Brotherhood is actually there, should only be 1.
    Now go into OM 2.1, enable the 3.41 patch, AND the Require BD option (press start button), will not work otherwise. Have any other game in the drive, and launch Brotherhood, then click the icon on your XMB, and you should now be into the game. It does take about 30-90 secs to load. Have a little patience before shutting down.

As for that error your getting... You must have typed it wrong because Error 80010009, is "Incorrect passkey for Bluetooth device", and has nothing to do with this at all. =-P. Check to see if you made a typo.

Let me know if its still not working for you.

I have the game here, I removed the old file off the flash drive then downloaded the file again and put it on the flash drive plugged it in to the ps3 went to the install it pops up as 2 files again. I know I only put one file not sure what is happening. Should I reformat the drive? not sure how to check the gamez folder on my internal hdd.
    Rebornee

I think I know why your seeing 2 files. On my PS3 fat, if my flash drive is in USB port 1 or 2, I see the one file. But if it is in USB port 3 or 4, I see doubles of all .pkg files on the flash drive. Maybe you are seeing something similar to this. Either way, it should be the exact same file, only its there twice, am I correct?? If so, it doesn't matter which is installed, as they both do the same. There is no need to reformat anything.

Now, try going to your PS3's XMB menu, and under game, go to "Game Data Utility", make sure there is only 1 AC Brotherhood update file in there. If theres more then 1, delete them all, and reinstall the .pkg file I gave you.
    Then, go back into your OM 2.1, (with a disc in the drive; anything besides the brotherhood disc). In OM 2.1, the game in the drive with show up in blue text, all games on internal or external drives will show up as white text. If you have copied the game to your internal drive properly, then go to the AC Brotherhood (white text) in OM 2.1.
    Now, press the start button on your controller, and then the L2 button. To the right you should see a bunch of options that say "OFF", and ONLY 2 that say "ON", if not the game isn't going to work.
    Now you can press X to launch the game. Then when your back on the XMB, boot the game like a normal game.

I really hope this solves your problem, as it is the exact steps that I took, Im playing the game now. But let me know if your unclear about anything, or if your still not getting it.

EDIT:
    Another thing, to view/manage files on your internal HD, you need a program called "Comgenie's Awesome File Manager", very handy tool, but you shouldn't need it at all if the game was copied right.

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by JPiccott
    I think I know why your seeing 2 files. On my PS3 fat, if my flash drive is in USB port 1 or 2, I see the one file. But if it is in USB port 3 or 4, I see doubles of all .pkg files on the flash drive. Maybe you are seeing something similar to this. Either way, it should be the exact same file, only its there twice, am I correct?? If so, it doesn't matter which is installed, as they both do the same. There is no need to reformat anything.
    This happens to me aswell on my Phat PS3 flash drive.... Two of everything.

I uninstalled it there was only one. Then I reinstalled it. put it in usb1 and it came up only 1 file I loaded it and the same error. I fixed the second "on"in OM I didn't do before. Loaded the game from om then went to the ac brotherhood disc icon same error. Well off to bed on midnights right now Thanks for your help hope we can figure it out tomorrow.
    Rebornee

Ok... Something doesn't seem right here, as I have tested both download copies, and self-ripped copies, and I got them both working correctly.

Get your AC Brotherhood case, and look at the outside edge, what does it say on the bottom? If its anything other then BLUS30537, then you are downloading the wrong .pkg file. If it is BLUS30537, then we have some other issue on our hands, and I will check around to see what I can find for you.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast