Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DOWNGRADING and JAILBREAKING for newbies. Everything summed up !!

radicaldoc is offline -Hacks Newbie

thanks for the TUT but i am still confused with one thing some people say you have to be on 3.41 and some like you say 3.41 or lower??
    i am on 3.40 but it doesn't work (PSJB) It doesn't boot to the jailbreak no matter how fast or slow i only get red and green light and if it boots to dash with it in it says unknown usb device but most of the time i get black screen with red and green light lit.i am not a newbie to this sort of stuff i have been flashing 360's etc for a long time but this has me stumped...

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

just update to 3.41. Each FW has to have a different payload. 3.41 is the most popular then 3.15 because of Linux. I don't think there are payloads for any other FWs.

radicaldoc is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ERIFNOMI
    just update to 3.41. Each FW has to have a different payload. 3.41 is the most popular then 3.15 because of Linux. I don't think there are payloads for any other FWs.
    Nice one !! loaded 3.41 on worked first time....
    So anyone having problems with 3.40 go to 3.41 and it will work ok for you..thanks again ERIFNOMI

ka0tic07v3 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Very Nice Guide :) you misspelled Devices multiple times though haha

Elgreco is offline -Hacks Neophyte

LOL, didn't cross my mind... English not a native language and sometimes I do things like that..

Oh well...:)

Thanks.

kimxon is offline -Hacks Newbie

The thing is if you are on 3.55 can't you just remove your hdd from the ps3 hook it up to your windows pc and reformat it to fat 32 then put it back in the ps3 and then download the ofw 3.41 or 3.5 firmware from this site chuck it on a usb flash disk with the firmware in ROOT/PS3/UPDATE put it in the ps3 when you power on with the reformatted drive and update that firmware to the hard drive when it askes for it? I recently bought a ps3 with a hard drive problem, i just replaced the hdd and did what i just descibed but with ofw 3.55 from sony so i could play gt5. Regarded you just back up your game saves and data before you format i can't see how it wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by kimxon
    The thing is if you are on 3.55 can't you just remove your hdd from the ps3 hook it up to your windows pc and reformat it to fat 32 then put it back in the ps3 and then download the ofw 3.41 or 3.5 firmware from this site chuck it on a usb flash disk with the firmware in ROOT/PS3/UPDATE put it in the ps3 when you power on with the reformatted drive and update that firmware to the hard drive when it askes for it? I recently bought a ps3 with a hard drive problem, i just replaced the hdd and did what i just descibed but with ofw 3.55 from sony so i could play gt5. Regarded you just back up your game saves and data before you format i can't see how it wouldn't work.
    FIRWARE ISN'T ON THE HDD. It's stored (the first 16MB anyway) on NAND FLASH so formating the HDD will only get you to where it asks for 3.55 or up. If it was that easy why would we have to do the downgrade the way we do? Read before you post again. This is an old issue.

AfroZombi is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hey guys, I was just wondering which version of the ps3 is the best for jailbreaking. I plan on buying a ps3 either on boxing day (Dec. 26) or sometime soon after. I'm very new to the ps3 but I have done modding on both the Xbox 360 and Wii so I'm not totally ignorant to the whole modding thing.

I plan on upgrading the hard drive myself so thats not really a concern for me, but my question is should I buy a new Slim model or an older ps3 with the backwards compatibility? I don't want to end up with a ps3 with the newer firmware and be barred completely from jail breaking. I went through that already with the ipod touch.

You won't be able to get a fat new. I would get a new slim, but get one before they get 3.55 out.

akira87 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi.. I am new to this whole jail breaking. My current ps3 is in 3.40. as i read from above, it's better to get it to 3.41. so i was wondering which 3.41 fw should i get? the custom fw by acid cfw or the official fw? Also, may i know where can i purchased the usb key? Thanks.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast