Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DOWNGRADING and JAILBREAKING for newbies. Everything summed up !!

radicaldoc is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi i bought my jailbreak key from china works good from a place called deal extreme it cost like $9 or there is an advertiser on the site selling them as well cheap.the 3.41 you can download here from downloads you need the normal one not the modified one i think. hope this is some use to you..

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by akira87
    Hi.. I am new to this whole jail breaking. My current ps3 is in 3.40. as i read from above, it's better to get it to 3.41. so i was wondering which 3.41 fw should i get? the custom fw by acid cfw or the official fw? Also, may i know where can i purchased the usb key? Thanks.
    You have to get the unmodified official FW from the D/l section. To get CFW (which does nothing yet) you have to be jailbroken so you can write to the flash.

war breaker is offline Senior Member -Hacks Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ERIFNOMI
    Quote Originally Posted by war breaker
    i transferred killzone 2 in about maybe 20-25 minutes, which is about how long it takes to rip the game usind your bd drive
    How big is Killzone 2? That sounds slow but I know killzone is a first party game so it could be up to 50GB.
    it was actually around 9-12 gb i believe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewdboy05 View Post
    Since we're talking about conspiracy theories I wanna share one! I don't think Powerslave is real. I think he is an artificial intelligence created by the CIA and given to Greg to test since he is a former international super secret special agent. Greg now uses him as a deterrent to keep stupid people away from the forums.

oaof is offline -Hacks Newbie

It is my understating that jail breaking the PS3 allows to run a tool called USB Firm Loader. Which in turn can be used to soft-mod install a custom firmware (cfw) from an USB device. In other words that allows to load a custom firmware into your PS3 memory, from an USB pen drive, for testing and debugging purposes.

Is it possible to run this tool to load into memory a temporary copy a 3.55 FW image? That would allow the PS3 to connect to PSN to download demos, and enable the system to play recently released games?

Thanks

Elgreco is offline -Hacks Neophyte

once you install 3.55 you are done ! No going back.

You can use it to only go up to 3.50 so you can play GT5 for example and then downgrade again...

NO 3.55 !!! PERIOD.

And it's not a USB "tool". Just a usb stick with the fw file in the correct folder inside it..

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Elgreco
    once you install 3.55 you are done ! No going back.

You can use it to only go up to 3.50 so you can play GT5 for example and then downgrade again...

NO 3.55 !!! PERIOD.

And it's not a USB "tool". Just a usb stick with the fw file in the correct folder inside it..
    ..It's more than that, don't say that; 62% will think it's as simple as that, and it isn't. The tool contains a chip that has a PAYLOAD to do this stuff. A SEPARATE USB stick is needed to contain the files needed.

Elgreco is offline -Hacks Neophyte

My bad, I meant this about the regular USB stick which would be used to put the update files in.

I was assuming that the jailbreak step was over by then..

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by oaof
    It is my understating that jail breaking the PS3 allows to run a tool called USB Firm Loader. Which in turn can be used to soft-mod install a custom firmware (cfw) from an USB device. In other words that allows to load a custom firmware into your PS3 memory, from an USB pen drive, for testing and debugging purposes.

Is it possible to run this tool to load into memory a temporary copy a 3.55 FW image? That would allow the PS3 to connect to PSN to download demos, and enable the system to play recently released games?

Thanks
    http://www.ps3-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10995

imported_ISOHaven is offline -Hacks Newbie

Are you able to get a new drive, format it, upgrade to the newest FW to play online then when you want to play with JB, put in the older 3.x drive and JB away? I understand it will ask to update but does it ask only if you attempt to go online? Or does it ask on boot? Doesn't matter if it asks for online since you aren't going online with your JB drive anyway.

Thanks for the info!

Tragik is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ISOHaven
    Are you able to get a new drive, format it, upgrade to the newest FW to play online then when you want to play with JB, put in the older 3.x drive and JB away? I understand it will ask to update but does it ask only if you attempt to go online? Or does it ask on boot? Doesn't matter if it asks for online since you aren't going online with your JB drive anyway.

Thanks for the info!
    nope..the firmware is NOT loaded on hard drive..it's loaded on a chip in the ps3...if it was that easy there's wouldn't be a need to downgrade..lol

searching and reading a bit would have told ya' that one ..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast