Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing 3.55 CFW KMEAW

speedy59 is offline -Hacks Newbie

In the downloads section there are Kmeaw's 3.55 CFW Patched PUP and Kmeaw 's 3.55 Custom Firware Package. Just wonder If I choose t he first one. Do I still need to patch it ? or Just install it over the OFW 3.55 ? Am getting a bit confuse about the two file.

Also. I have a bit of trouble trying to usderstand the above tutoriial. Downloaded the OFW then the Kmeaw CFW Pacakage. THen Made a folder rename it to USB. THen put the Lv2.pkg into the USB Folder and extract the file from patchfile.rar and bsdiff4.3-win32 zip and put them in a folder on c drive
    called bsdiff. Followed all that accordingly after MD5. Then in the CMD type cd c:/bsdiff enter bspatch PS3UPDATE.PUP enter. THen I have a message saying that is not a valid or unknown format. I really don't know what was going on and I got stuck with it over and over. Can someone please help?

smokin_mitch is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by speedy59
    In the downloads section there are Kmeaw's 3.55 CFW Patched PUP and Kmeaw 's 3.55 Custom Firware Package. Just wonder If I choose t he first one. Do I still need to patch it ? or Just install it over the OFW 3.55 ? Am getting a bit confuse about the two file.

Also. I have a bit of trouble trying to usderstand the above tutoriial. Downloaded the OFW then the Kmeaw CFW Pacakage. THen Made a folder rename it to USB. THen put the Lv2.pkg into the USB Folder and extract the file from patchfile.rar and bsdiff4.3-win32 zip and put them in a folder on c drive
    called bsdiff. Followed all that accordingly after MD5. Then in the CMD type cd c:/bsdiff enter bspatch PS3UPDATE.PUP enter. THen I have a message saying that is not a valid or unknown format. I really don't know what was going on and I got stuck with it over and over. Can someone please help?
    I was on 3.55 ofm, i downloaded the PS3_355_KMEAW_CFM rar file (it contained a file called PS3UPDATE.pup) i put that in a usb:/PS3/UPDATE/ then booted my PS3 into recovery mode and ran the system update....

then i downloaded Multiman 1.13 and installed it with the install package option and it worked :)

edit...

games i have working from backup on internal HDD (with GT5:P disc in tray):

Fight night round 4
    Gran Turismo 5
    NFS shift
    HAWX

**1st I run each game from the disc and update to latest version online then install game data then play for a bit, then i run multiman and install the games to internal HDD

mistajokka is offline -Hacks Newbie

You don't need to patch the kmeaw CFW first, it is already patched.

1. Install 3.55 OFW (System Recovery)
    2. Install kmeaw 3.55 CFW
    3. Install multiman 1.13 + multiman[last game]
    4. $$$profit$$$

thanks guys. WIll give it a go tonight

Unlike Waninkoko's CFM 3.55 Update. Does this Kmew CFM support PS3 Slim model CECH-20A ? Or it does for all models ? Just want to make sure before proceeding with the update. Thanks in advance

Fantafaust is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by speedy59
    Unlike Waninkoko's CFM 3.55 Update. Does this Kmew CFM support PS3 Slim model CECH-20A ? Or it does for all models ? Just want to make sure before proceeding with the update. Thanks in advance
    All models. Now delete your previous post, there is no double posting on this forum.

Walking through, I see the light. It guides me towards my destiny. Do you not see yours?
    Favorite game: Resident Evil 2, and it damn sure needs a remake, with story fully intact, and environment/characters translated to higher detail. Gameplay mechanics need a rev too.

rocejize is offline -Hacks Newbie

I'm having issues with kmeaw 3.55. I had 3.41 this morning and upgraded and everything went fine. I ran the lv2 and permissions pkg and now when i try to boot through gaia or rogero it brings me back to xmb like normal but when i launch game it goes to a black screen and my console kinda locks.

imported_MuRRe is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have ALOT of games on my internal HDD aswell as saves.
    Will I have to backup all the games or can I just install kmeaw and start playing directly?

Lunatikk is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thanks,

worked like a charm. This is as simple as it gets.

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by EddieRanger
    How do you put games on the PS3? I want to put gameboy advance roms on the PS3. Is there something I have to do? Like make specific folders, etc.
    Why not read the documentation that came with the emulator?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast