Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing 3.55 CFW KMEAW

fbifido is offline -Hacks Newbie

unit: CECH-2501A
    Game: GOW collection, Fight night round4, 2010 fifa south africa

i have only 3 blu-ray games (came with unit)and now they stop working, found out the the lens is bad now,F$#@$.
    my hp laptop blu-ray drive not reading the games, i have no idea why!

anyway, i was told to try to see if this will work by a friend. just installed KMEAW and Gaia Manager v206-GAMES and LV2patchv6

he gave me a 8G USB withe BLES00107, sayed to copy to GAMES dir, and play it. that did not work
    but he has 2 of my games, he will back them up for me.

How do i get this usb game to work?

bloodfist is offline -Hacks Newbie

this was beautifly simple..brilliant tutorial
    the prepatched kmeawCFW works-just installed it
    didnt have to use recovery mode to update to kmeawCFW,just update via usb as you would an official firmware

thanks

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bloodfist
    didnt have to use recovery mode to update to kmeawCFW,just update via usb as you would an official firmware

thanks
    IF you were already at OFW 3.55, then yes. If not, then you cannot do it that way, straight to k-3.55. You can't go from OFW 3.50 to k-3.55, you must start with OFW 3.55, period.

I am clarifying this, AGAIN, so people don't think what YOU said is completely accurate, as you did not state which firmware you were AT. You cannot go to straight to k-3.55 from anything other than OFW 3.55

bloodfist is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodfist

thanks
    IF you were already at OFW 3.55, then yes. If not, then you cannot do it that way, straight to k-3.55. You can't go from OFW 3.50 to k-3.55, you must start with OFW 3.55, period.

I am clarifying this, AGAIN, so people don't think what YOU said is completely accurate, as you did not state which firmware you were AT. You cannot go to straight to k-3.55 from anything other than OFW 3.55
    yes i strated with OFW 3.55.then you update to k-3.55(no recovery mode needed for me).

thanks for clarifying

imported_dragon23 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I did every thing as posted no games are loading I do not get it, packages all installed.... tried all different managers. I see all the games, I can copy to internal but I can not launch any games with or without disk in BD drive was previously using dongle decided to go the custom firmware rout to avoid the need for that

imported_dragon23 is offline -Hacks Newbie

OMG after re do and re do it was the disk I was using UUUGGHH...put different one in and bingo works amazing

kim100 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I had been using the PS3key on the latest firmware, this method is far superior.

I upgraded my PS3 [slim model] in no time at all.

I used OFW 3.55, then used KMEAW patched firmware with Gaia_rev206, everything works like a charm. Tron and GT5 work flawlessly from internal hdd, the only games that have failed are those that have been patched.

The method outlined did not work for me, my console just doesn't beep in the same order as described and didn't go into any alternative mode so I did a system restore and then installed the OFW followed by the patched firmware via system update.

Gaia_rev206 does not need lv2 patcher

This method is the dogs nuts.

INFIN1TY- is offline -Hacks Newbie

Is this the best CFW to install? I got 3.41 FW now on a 320GB slim model, and i want a CFW on it.

xarvox is offline -Hacks Newbie

I updated straight from 3.41 to cfw 3.55, worked great.
    Just updated with the hacked upgrade file as i would with a official update, from usb device.

joey_t is offline -Hacks Newbie

Worked great for me, thanks for the tut.
    250GB slim, shipped with 3.15. Was using a dongle before.
    I tested my games that were allready on Multiman, they worked fine. I even rebooted the PS3, and tried with out using the LV2 patcher, before loading a backup, and it still worked. I thought I red on one of the links to site that that it is needed each time you load a backup manager.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast