Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Red Screen Of Death (RSOD) aka 'Brick' Repair

sgtslaughter009 is offline -Hacks Newbie

hey i have a fat ps3 that someone gave me and it has this red screen of death on it. i have tried to restore the firmware although it asks for 3.70. i have a jailbreak dongle and pen drive although i dont think this method would work due to 3.70 firmware its asking for. i have tried to boot to the recovery console, have tried ALL of the options with no luck. the only one that partially works is the system update option. it formats the ps3 hd then attempts to install the 3.70 fw. it gets to 45% immediatly jumps to 100% reboots then i get the red screen of death. i have also tried to install a new 80gb sata hard drive and attempted all of the above steps and received the same red screen of death again. is there anything i can do at this point or is it a black brick?

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by sgtslaughter009 View Post
    hey i have a fat ps3 that someone gave me and it has this red screen of death on it. i have tried to restore the firmware although it asks for 3.70. i have a jailbreak dongle and pen drive although i dont think this method would work due to 3.70 firmware its asking for. i have tried to boot to the recovery console, have tried ALL of the options with no luck. the only one that partially works is the system update option. it formats the ps3 hd then attempts to install the 3.70 fw. it gets to 45% immediatly jumps to 100% reboots then i get the red screen of death. i have also tried to install a new 80gb sata hard drive and attempted all of the above steps and received the same red screen of death again. is there anything i can do at this point or is it a black brick?
    You might have better luck in the help section as apposed to cluttering a tutorial.

sgtslaughter009 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Smile thanks

thanks i will move my message

noure is offline -Hacks Newbie

try this..
    start the ps3, then quickly press the x button.

BlueIon is offline Zzzz -Hacks Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by noure View Post
    try this..
    start the ps3, then quickly press the x button.
    I don't think it's that easy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2