Thread: Play (almost) Any PS3 game on your jailbroken PS3

Xx3n0xX is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Play (almost) Any PS3 game on your jailbroken PS3

I'm not sure if there's a guide on how to do this, but I've been absent for a few weeks from most forums, and i remember many MANY people asking how to play this and that, so this is what you do to get almost all ps3 games working on your ps3.

NOTE: THIS TUT IS FOR 3.55 ONLY!!!!

You have to have 3.55 on your ps3 to do this, but 3.41 could also work if you follow the instructions.
    I have done this with the programs I'm listing down here, how ever outdated they may be.

Firstly, you have to have a full backup of any ps3 game.
    This can be obtained from any legit method.

1: Download EbootFIX from http://www.megaupload.com/?d=653OG5V4

2: Navigate to your PS3 backup folder, and empty the contents of the rar into the same folder where the PS3_GAME folder is located.

3: Drag the PS3_GAME folder (yes, the whole folder) onto EbootFIX.exe
    This will start a process in EbootFIX to do stuff with your backup that you probably wont understand.

Once that's done, continue with the tut.

4: Download Multiman. This can be gotten from http://www.ps3-hacks.com/file/160

5: Install Multiman on your JB PS3. If you don't know how to, find a different tu on that.

I've done this with many games, but the most recent one was Little Big Planet 2, and that worked perfectly fine.

I'm writing this with a 8GB usb stick in mind.
    Since games can get quite big, they may not fit on your USB stick, so keep reading.

6: Get back to your PS3 backup folder, and find out what makes it so big in size. For little big planet 2 it's the Videos folder, located in PS3_GAME\USRDIR\gamedata\videos

7: Now, you copy the whole Backup folder onto a FAT32 formatted stick. When I say whole folder, i mean every bit you CAN fit on there. If your game is 20GB, and your stick only 8, you find that the video folder is the biggest part, so you copy everything you can onto the stick untill it's full.
    DO NOT MESS UP THE STRUCTURE OF THE FILES AND FOLDERS

8: Once your first part is placed neatly on the stick, you plug it in ANY usb port on your PS3, and launch Multiman.

9: Now, when you start Multiman, you'll see all the games available on your screen. Now, you'll see the game that you just put on the USB stick, on the screen. Highlight the game, and press O to backup the game onto your PS3. Ofcourse, you have to have enough space on the PS3.

10: Once its done copying files, you take the stick out of the ps3, and place it back into your PC or laptop. Delete everything off your stick at this point.

11: Copy the remaining files onto the USB stick in their proper folder. If the folder is too big to fit on the stick, you copy half of the content. If you cant fit half on it, do however much you can. Keep it in the right folder though.

12: Once it's done copying, you put the stick back into the PS3, and launch MultiMAN again.
    This time, press SELECT+START to get into filemanager mode.

13: On the LEFT hand side, you navigate to your USB stick, and the RIGHT hand side, to the folder where you copied the game to. /dev_hdd0/GAMES

14: On the RIGHT screen, navigate to the folder that's missing the file you couldnt fit on earlier.
    In this case, it's the videos folder, located in PS3_GAME\USRDIR\gamedata\

So now, you'll have the USB stick screen on the Left hand side, with the videos folder, and the PS3_GAME\USRDIR\gamedata\ on the RIGHT hand screen.

15: Highlight the video's folder (or whatever you couldnt fit on the stick earlier) on the USB stick side, and press O again to copy the highlighted folder over to the RIGHT hand screen. This will copy everything from the folder you selected on the LEFT to the folder you went to on the RIGHT.

If You haven't copied all the files from the game yet, repeat step 10-15

16: Once you're ABSOLUTELY sure you have every single big of the game on your ps3, you go to the GAMES icon, on the top left of the Multiman Filemanager screen, and you get presented with the list of games again. If you're already on the list of games, ignore this step.

17: If you followed everything correctly, you'll have your game of choice now in the list, with hdd0 under it's name. At this point, you go back to filemanager mode (SELECT+START) and navigate to the PS3_GAME folder on your hdd0 on the ps3. Highlight the PS3_GAME folder, (left or right side, doesn't matter) and press the R3 button on your controller. This is the RIGHT analog stick.

This will make a shadow copy of the game.

18: When you've done that, you take the USB stick out of the PS3, and place it back in your PC.

19: Nagivate to the backupu folder, and copy the CORRECT PKG onto the ROOT of your USB stick.
    The correct PKG is the onen that has your FW in the name. If you're on 3.55, you take the 3.55 one. pretty obvious. The PKG is located in the same folder as your PS3_GAME folder is.

20: Plug the USB stick in your PS3 once more, and now go to the Install Package Files on your XMB (the Ps3 homescreen) under the GAMES tab. Here you'll find the PKG for your game.

FINAL: Now install the PKG, and play the game

PLease note, I have not developed ANY of the programs mentioned in this tut. I only found this method to work for me almost every time. I say almost, because out of all the games i've tried, only Two Worlds II didn't work, but i couldnt be bothered to find out why, because it looked cheap.

Please let me know if this worked for YOU, and write down what work and what doesn't. This way, everyone that visits this tut will see what to expect from this.

Gohan22 is offline -Hacks Newbie

im trying to do step 17 and on and when i try and shadow the games folder it seems like it does something but when i load it in the computer i only see folders ....theres nothing as described.

I can see the games via muliman or open manger and i try and open them it seems as if its going to work but then the ps3 just restarts. Any ideas?

dannyhoutkamp is offline -Hacks Newbie

everything goes as described over here, and after installing the .pkg I get the game in my Game folder, just like games bought at PSN. However, when I start the game, my ps3 tells me I have to perform an update. I click OK and after installing the update, the message 'an error occured during the start operation' appears, I am redirected back to the XMB and the game is gone!

Does anyone know what to do, or does this tutorial not work with games that need an update afterwards?

Mr_WoRRieD is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

if you just keep your ps3 from your network it won't ask for an update anyway.

houtkamp sounds like an dutch last name , so are you dutch danny?

Nothingface420 is offline Theme Developer -Hacks Veteran

I've tried this method with 3 games so far & all have been unsuccessful.

Homefront - keeps telling me the disc has been ejected

Bulletstorm - works at first but after the credits screen the screen goes black & ps3 freezes.

Unreal Tournament 3 - tells me the game data is corrupted but there is no game data & I can't install the game data cause of the same problem dannyhoutkamp has.

So this method is about as dependable as all the other PKG builders
    Hopefully oneday we can have a backup manager that doesn't need a disk to play.

Teddyv is offline -Hacks Newbie

I tried this guide and the games show up in the install package and not in the game folder when i run it all i get is a black screen, i am able to get out of it using the PS button.. is there a guide with pics or a video on how to do it?
    I now have a PS3 3.55 CFW and 3.72 OFW.

forget this tutorial it won't help you

the basics steps are, copy an game (example : BLUS0319) to your internal hdd (hdd_0/GAMES

it will look like this hdd_0/GAMES/BLUS0319/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN

have an backup manager installed ,rogero or multiman.
    put an original game in the drive (if you don't want to get black screens)

start an manager , select your game, hit x ,(it will go back to the xmb) , look at the icon from your bluray game, it has changed to the game you wanted to play.

hit x and enjoy

EDIT: you can ofcourse also use an external hdd (FAT32) and copy your games in GAMES/

rajat is offline -Hacks Newbie

i have gaia manager please help me with it nd reply with corresponding steps...please

Teddyv is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_WoRRieD View Post

EDIT: you can ofcourse also use an external hdd (FAT32) and copy your games in GAMES/

Awesome it worked.. The only prob is why cant the ps3 read NTFS since fat32 has a 4gb limit on files and alot of ps3 games have that..

I tried multiman but it wont read ntfs..
    I now have a PS3 3.55 CFW and 3.72 OFW.

if i'm correct then the newest multiman is able to play splitted files on an external hdd, so that will bypass the 4GB limit.

that ntfs can't be supported to play games, might be an ps3 hardware/software issue