Thread: Notes on the Rebug 3.60 Spoofer.

Rewdboy05 is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Hacker

I've noticed some odd things and heard some brick reports so in hopes to minimize those bricks here are the things I've noted:

It will cause any version of MultiMan lower than 1.16.08 to stop working. If you use MM (which you should IMO) go to http://www.ps3-hacks.com/file/160 and download MM 1.16.08 (or find whatever the latest MM is at the time in our downloads section) and install it.

It will cause your FTP Server to periodically disconnect at no currently discernible rate and no apparent reason. If you plan on transferring a large file via FTP I would suggest uninstalling the spoof first.

You can't uninstall the spoof by simply deleting the app from your XMB. You must first open the app and press circle to uninstall it.

(Edit 3/12/11 9:28 AM) As Jibbs writes below, do not install the spoof if you have installed geohot's package over Kmeaw's CFW and have 256MB NAND. This will result in a semi-brick every time. You can fix the semi-brick by reinstalling the CFW via the recovery menu but the spoofer will not work this way. If you need to have geohot and Kmeaw just don't use the spoofer if you're worried. (/Edit)

When installing/uninstalling you press your desired button (x for install, circle for uninstall). After you hit the button ABSOLUTELY NOTHING will change on the screen until it is done working. This can be somewhat discouraging and you may want to hit a button but just don't touch anything. After about 15 seconds the second line will change to say that it has finished and the system needs rebooting. It's difficult to notice so keep an eye on that second line. Once you've rebooted you're done.

I have yet to get the PSN ban threat email and after using this spoofer I still haven't gotten an email so as of writing this the spoofer seems to be a safe (if you don't brick) method of connecting to PSN. That can change at any time with no notice so keep in mind that, as always, you install and use this app at your own risk!

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Rewdboy05
    It seems people are bricking during the install/uninstall process so try to do that as little as possible.
    Most of the (Semi)bricks seem to be from 256MB NAND owners that installed the GeoHot CFW patch on top of other CFW.
    This was recreated many times during tests by Underball.

256MB NAND + 3.55 Kmeaw CFW + Geohot jb Pkg installed + 3.60 Spoofer = SEMI BRICK everytime.
    but luckily it can be recovered.

Underball from psx-scene tested this repeatedly and got a Semi brick each time.

That's great news Jibbz! I'm super glad to hear that! Thanks man.

Litle_jack is offline -Hacks Newbie

Multiman can play backups???

Quote Originally Posted by Litle_jack
    Multiman can play backups???
    Yes. It's be best backup manager IMO.

RaYmO-_- is offline -Hacks Newbie

lol i got the RED screen . fatal error in about 100 languages. yikes. but turned right back on. good post. wish i read this earlier haha all good now:)