Thread: PHAT PS3 Power/Eject board ribbon cable repair!

mrdrifta is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default PHAT PS3 Power/Eject board ribbon cable repair!

THIS TUTORIAL IS ONLY NESSECARY FOR PS3 CONSOLES THAT HAVE A SEPERATE PCB FOR THE POWER/EJECT BUTTONS

I have started this post because I found no information anywhere about how to repair these ribbon cables when you or someone else carelessly forces the cable back in and snaps the cable halfway down the contacts.

Its obvious that you have broken the cable when your ps3 powers up before you pull it apart put you get no lights after putting it back together. (Like when yo do a YLOD repair)

SYMPTOMS:-
    -PS3 shows no standby red light and doesn't respond to buttons pushes
    -PS3 was showing lights before being disassembled

PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK THAT YOU HAVE CONNECTED THE CABLE PROPERLY BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS, YOU MAY JUST HAVE NOT HAVE THE CABLE IN PROPERLY!!!

I'ts not working to begin with so you have nothing to lose! Not my fault if you cause more harm to your ps3 or yourself, Do so at your own risk!

REQUIREMENTS:-

-Ribbon Cable with broken contacts
    -Sharp knife or scissors

All that you have to do is cut about 2-3mm from the end of the contacts. A good way to do this is to snip 1mm from the end and test in the ps3. If it doesn't work then snip another 1mm from the end and retest. Then just shave the end of the tiniest bit by bit until it works again.

Picture to come soon

I have successfully done this to 4 ps3's and has worked perfectly in each case.

I hope this information helps, If it fixes even one persons ps3 it will be worth my posting it,

Cheers

x_mony is offline -Hacks Newbie

hello, i can't figure out where this ribbon is located? is it the one connected to the bluray drive from behind?

Halo3alltheway is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi could you Help me because I have the same problem but what you explained above doesn't make any sense to me. Could you post a picture please of the part of the ribbon cable you cut off because I just fix my PS3 for the 7th time and for whatever reason this happened to me. HELP!