Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Updated 3.55 Kmeaw Tutorial

Mr_WoRRieD is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ganodorf View Post
    I'll download a demo and see if I can play.
    where do you want to download a demo from?

ganodorf is offline -Hacks Newbie

OK, so I transfered via ftp Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and loaded it with multiman. It returns to XMB, and apear in the game tab. When I try to load it, it gets a black screen and returns to XMB.
    Do I need install any package or get a BD in the ps3 to boot?

iamafreak is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

According the compatibility list, the game works discless using multiman.

Install the fix permissions.pkg and run it from xmb.

And then try launching the game.

Rewdboy05 is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Hacker

Quote Originally Posted by ganodorf View Post
    OK, so I transfered via ftp Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and loaded it with multiman. It returns to XMB, and apear in the game tab. When I try to load it, it gets a black screen and returns to XMB.
    Do I need install any package or get a BD in the ps3 to boot?
    Hmm, black screen error. Kinda sounds like something that's already covered in the tutorial you're commenting on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rewdboy05 View Post
    Fix Permissions
    Some people may experience a lot of black screen errors. These can often be fixed by running the fix permissions package (FIX_PERMISSIONS_Waninkoko_Kmeaw_CFW_3.55.pkg). I've heard from many people that this works wonders but I've never needed to run it myself. If you find yourself getting a lot of black screen errors or trying to get a lot of games to work you should first update to the latest version of your backup launcher, if that doesn't work then run this .pkg. Once you're done you can simply delete it from your XMB if you don't want to keep it there.
    Just go download the fix permissions package from the "Required Software" section and install/run it like iamafreak suggested and before you ask anymore questions go back and (re)read the tutorial to make sure it wasn't already answered.

dems31 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default i just wnat to know

i just want to know if is it ok that ive install cfw kmeaw 3.55 without running ing recovery mode?

iamafreak is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

yes..Its ok if you have installed 3.55 cfw from xmb.. Even I could do it without going to recovery menu.

Quote Originally Posted by dems31 View Post
    i just want to know if is it ok that ive install cfw kmeaw 3.55 without running ing recovery mode?
    You're not going to hurt your PS3 by not using recovery mode but some PS3s (like mine for example) will refuse to install Kmeaw over OFW since they're both 3.55 unless you do it from the recovery menu. You can try it both ways if you want, you're not going to hurt anything, it just saves time to do it the way that will always work before the way that sometimes works since the end result is the same either way.

Revel8n is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default I'm New to the PS3 Scene

Well I've known about hacking Devices for quite some time.
    I've hacked my Nintendo Wii,
    My PSPgo CFW 6.20 PRO B6 installed,
    Jailbroken a friends 4th gen iPod touch...

The PS3 seems a slight more complex..

I just wanted to know, because i didn't see any mention of PSN access in your tutorial,
    and I'll be getting a PS3 Slim 160 gb BO Bundle with OFW 3.50,
    If we're able to access it on the PS3 with this CFW installed.

On a Google Search, I've read that you're unable to access PSN.
    Is that True? Both Store and Online Gameplay?

if so, is there someone working on this or no.. (its impossible at the time being)?

P.S. Is this the most recommended hack?
    because i've seen Geohotz.. (Jailbreak i think?)
    What would be the difference?

Sorry if i asked so many questions.. I'm kinda new to the PS3 Hacking Scene.

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Revel8n View Post
    Well I've known about hacking Devices for quite some time.
    I've hacked my Nintendo Wii,
    My PSPgo CFW 6.20 PRO B6 installed,
    Jailbroken a friends 4th gen iPod touch...

The PS3 seems a slight more complex..

I just wanted to know, because i didn't see any mention of PSN access in your tutorial,
    and I'll be getting a PS3 Slim 160 gb BO Bundle with OFW 3.50,
    If we're able to access it on the PS3 with this CFW installed.

On a Google Search, I've read that you're unable to access PSN.
    Is that True? Both Store and Online Gameplay?

if so, is there someone working on this or no.. (its impossible at the time being)?

P.S. Is this the most recommended hack?
    because i've seen Geohotz.. (Jailbreak i think?)
    What would be the difference?

Sorry if i asked so many questions.. I'm kinda new to the PS3 Hacking Scene.
    NO PSN WHATSOEVER. It's all over the forum. It'll likely be that way forever.

Don't let the length of the tutorial mislead you. Hacking a PS3 is deceptively simple. The reason the tutorial is so long is to answer every possible question a noob might have. When you distill it down to the bare necessities it really just comes down to putting a modified firmware update onto a flash drive and installing it on your PS3. I would still recommend reading the whole tutorial though just so you know what you're doing.

You need the latest firmware in order to access PSN. Currently that's 3.65 (but since 3.65 was an "optional" update you can also use 3.61 but don't expect that to normally be the case.) and since Kmeaw is 3.55 that means you can't access PSN including the store and Netflix. Once in a while someone will figure out a way around PSN's security and we'll be able to access PSN for a while but it never lasts for more than a few weeks and it's unpredictable when a workaround will be released and when it will be patched.

I don't think anyone would currently recommend a CFW other than Kmeaw. Geohot's CFW was basically the first on the scene after the keys were released and therefore is a bit less functional than Kmeaw. For the most part they do the same things but from what I understand Kmeaw has better compatibility.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast