Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Updated 3.55 Kmeaw Tutorial

Rewdboy05 is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Hacker

Quote Originally Posted by jeshb View Post
    Okay, calm down guys. Signatures and tutorials that are months old can get out of date. This is the age of technology and it changes fast, right? I looked around quite a bit for current news on this topic. I said so in my post.
    Perhaps since you've been exploring "moderator territory" you should have thought to check the last edit date which would have told you that this tutorial was last revised less than a month ago.

Fact is that I've spent an awful lot of time on this tutorial both writing and revising. Maybe you thought that my thrice stated "cannot downgrade" proclamation was out of date, in which case your attempt at "downgrading" may have been understandable but when that didn't work you try to say that the tutorial was unclear rather than believing that perhaps it wasn't out of date after all. That's a little insulting don't you think? You screw up something that I said you can't do and you try to say it's because I wasn't clear enough? Out of the 10,000+ viewers of this tutorial you're the first to have this problem. Seems to me that the problem isn't with the tutorial. Maybe you didn't read it close enough, maybe you only saw what you wanted to see, maybe you skipped over the FAQ section entirely.

"There is no downgrade for 3.56+" is inacurate. Infectus is your proof. I'm just looking for up-to-date information, and questions like mine on a forum come with the moderator territory. Thanks for your help, guys.
    Yeah, it's inaccurate but I've omitted that information for a reason. This is a tutorial for noobs therefore I want to make it as easy to understand as possible. A noob is not going to have the soldering skills necessary to downgrade via Infectus therefore, to those who would need to use this tutorial THERE IS CURRENTLY NO CFW, JAILBREAK OR DOWNGRADE FOR 3.56+. Telling a noob they could downgrade via Infectus would only cause confusion rather than clear it up and that is not what this tutorial is here for.

If you feel like that information is necessary in this tutorial then by all means, buy yourself an Infectus and try it yourself. When you inevitably bridge a couple pins perhaps then you'll understand why I made no mention of that method in this tutorial.

Auto-Merge: Just a suggestion for the tutorial, if you'll consider it: Under Step 1~

You could add:

What do you think? This would have helped me as I obviously didn't understand that you weren't showing me how to downgrade to 3.55, even though I felt like I read the tut very closely.

Thanks again.
    The tutorial clearly says three times right at the very beginning, even before step 1, that you can't downgrade from 3.56+. I don't feel like saying it again would do any good. If someone manages to ignore me saying something three times they're going to ignore it a fourth time as well. It seems to me that you're only trying to make excuses for why you missed what was said three times pretty clearly. I doubt that even if I had put in exactly what you've suggested that you would have paid attention the first time around.

If it makes you feel any better I'm going to add a big, bold sentence at the top stating that you should read the whole tutorial very carefully at least once before attempting to move forward.

jeshb is offline -Hacks Newbie

Well, at any rate, your tutorial is fantastic, Rewdboy05. I can tell a lot of work went into it. If only I hadn't already updated to 3.56 over 6 months ago I'm sure I would be sittin' pretty and would have never bothered you away from your tricked-out PS3.

Side note: I wonder how many of those 10,000+ people who come to this tutorial, hoping to jailbreak their PS3 for the first time, sigh and leave because they've been updating their PS3s past the usefulness of this for months? It's probably not worth the time to update this tutorial anymore. Just put something killer together again when 3.56+ OFW *can* be jailbroken or downgraded, so a tutorial would actually be relevant. I'll be right there to try it out! Believe me, I can't wait.

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply and help me better understand. Being humbled feels good.

Well, at any rate, your tutorial is fantastic, Rewdboy05. I can tell a lot of work went into it. If only I hadn't already updated to 3.56 over 6 months ago I'm sure I would be sittin' pretty and would have never bothered you away from your tricked-out PS3.

Side note: I wonder how many of those 10,000+ people who come to this tutorial, hoping to jailbreak their PS3 for the first time, sigh and leave because they've been updating their PS3s past the usefulness of this for months? It's probably not worth the time to update this tutorial anymore. Just put something killer together again when 3.56+ OFW *can* be jailbroken or downgraded, so a tutorial would actually be relevant. I'll be right there to try it out! Believe me, I can't wait.

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply and help me better understand. Being humbled feels good.
    Probably quite a few of them "sigh and leave" but you'd be surprised how many people are still on 3.55 and below. For the most part this tutorial doesn't need to be updated but when something relevant comes out I like to add it in. You can bet that I'll be making another comprehensive tutorial when a higher CFW comes out though.

Kan
    Kan is offline -Hacks Newbie

Great tutorial.
    Clear, simple. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kan View Post
    Great tutorial.
    Clear, simple. thanks
    No problem Kan. Glad to see another success.

Rexkh is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I have a question, I downgraded from 3.50 to 3.41 using dongle. is that 3.41 a CFW or OFW?

Quote Originally Posted by Rexkh View Post
    I have a question, I downgraded from 3.50 to 3.41 using dongle. is that 3.41 a CFW or OFW?
    There is no CFW for 3.41. Currently 3.55 is the only firmware with a CFW. What you have is OFW with a jailbreaking dongle.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5