Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Activating and Troubleshooting PSN Content on CFW 4.46

likuid_ocelot is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default Activating and Troubleshooting PSN Content on CFW 4.46

I wrote this short guide for people who might be having issues with activation of PSN content on consoles with CFW 4.46. When I first got into the scene I had quite the hassle with content activation, so I thought I'd put in my 2 cents, and what worked for me. Hope this helps people.

#1 - Download the latest version (2.27) of ReactPSN here: Downloads - PS3 Downloads - ReactPSN
    #2 - On a FAT32 formatted USB Key or hard drive, transfer the pkg file downloaded from the above link on the ROOT of the drive.
    #3 - Create a folder named exdata on the ROOT of the same USB Key or hard drive, this is where your RAP/RIF/EDAT files will go. Have at least 1 piece of content you want to install and activate on the ROOT of the drive. Make sure you have the corresponding RAP/RIF/EDAT file in the exdata folder.
    #4 - Plug the USB Key or hard drive into the right most USB port of the PS3.
    #5 - On your PS3, navigate to Game and select Install Package File. Install ReactPSN 2.27. Then install the content you want to activate (typically also a pkg file).
    #6 - Create a new user on the PS3 named aa. Log into it and run ReactPSN using X. This "should" rename your aa account to ReactPSN, reboot your PS3, and activate your content. Try and run said content and see if it works. If it does NOT, proceed to step 7.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #7 - Enter Multiman and use the MmOS to browse to dev_hdd0\home.
    #8 - You should see 2 directories (or more if you have more than 1 profile on your PS3). They should be named 000000X (X represents a number).
    #9 - You need to distinguish which directory is your main profile and which is your aa profile.
    #10 - Once you've done that, poke around in the exdata folder of each profile, and make sure you have an act.dat file in one of them. If it is in your main profile, COPY it to the exdata directory on the aa profile. If it already exists in your aa profile you should be good.

"There's room for only one Snake, and one Big Boss!"

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

dont have a ps3 to try this but everything seems to check out.

has anyone else tried this and had it work using this guide? if so then post

good job on the guide
    THREAD RULES:
    don’t bash anyone asking for help
    don’t use this thread to start a flame war
    don’t use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.

minatori is offline -Hacks Newbie

When I try to install the PKG I get a 80029563 error. What would I do? I have the rap files.

Quote Originally Posted by minatori View Post
    When I try to install the PKG I get a 80029563 error. What would I do? I have the rap files.
    Sounds like it's a bad pkg dude.

Does the pkg actually install? Or are you getting the error when you go to play the content you installed? Details please.

Xirix is offline -Hacks Newbie

"#3 - Create a folder named exdata on the ROOT of the same USB Key or hard drive, this is where your RAP/RIF/EDAT files will go. Have at least 1 piece of content you want to install and activate on the ROOT of the drive. Make sure you have the corresponding RAP/RIF/EDAT file in the exdata folder."

How do you do this? I have a PSN game already installed, it won't load. Do I need to delete it and reinstall it? How do I get the RAP RIF or EDAT files for it?

Where did you obtain said PSN content? There is an application called PSNStuff that you can download for your PC...you can obtain rap/rif/edat files from it.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Tapatalk

Xirix is offline -Hacks Newbie

I got it from PS3ISO, it was just a .pkg file, I've also tried PSNStuff and searched it, it wasn't in their database. It's "Dreamy Theater" for the first Hatsune Miku Project DIva game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirix View Post
    I got it from PS3ISO, it was just a .pkg file, I've also tried PSNStuff and searched it, it wasn't in their database. It's "Dreamy Theater" for the first Hatsune Miku Project DIva game.
    Never heard of it, but you aren't going to be able to activate it without a rif/rap or edat for that title.

Speedy83 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Just tried it with reActPSN v3.01 on Rogero CEX-4.46 v1.01 and everything works perfectly!!! Thanks for the tut!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy83 View Post
    Just tried it with reActPSN v3.01 on Rogero CEX-4.46 v1.01 and everything works perfectly!!! Thanks for the tut!!!
    Glad you found it of use.
    dbrums likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast