Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [TUTORIAL]multiple full rez images in your 01-12.bmp

Aj23 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by robs1968
    Quote Originally Posted by Aj23
    Quote Originally Posted by robs1968
    Aj23,

if this is the first time you are replacing the original 01-12.bmp with a custom one, your going to get the white screen

if you are using a single image full resolution 01-12.bmp, or using BioToxxx's tutorial for multiple full resolution imaged 01-12.bmps:

go to theme settings / theme

pick the .bmp you want (if you have only one, it will be the first under original)

exit theme settings

even if the screen is white, either go to reboot psp (if you installed the network icon .prx) or hold up on the power switch (coldboot)

you will see your 01-12.bmp after you reboot your psp

you will only have to do this once...

i have flashed 01-12.bmps multiple times after doing this and they always show up after exiting recovery mode.
    I did what you ssaid but the same thing... still whtie screen.... the spots where i put my custom one are blank under the theme setting ... ujst looks like a shadow there.....I have a few bmp made....maybe i can post my smallest one with only three themes and someone else can see if it works

heres is my bmp

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2std77
    Aj23,

you need to read through some of the tutorials on here because you are doing something wrong....

i split your 01-12.bmp and there's something seriously wrong with it:

first, your full size bg is corrupt:

second, 4 of your 60x34 bmps are corrupt as well

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4229/untitledcj4.jpg

aside from it being way to large (on 3.40oe you will get the white icons)

i resized your original full sized bmp to 460x261 and saved it as a .png tricked .bmp

it's only 28kb

i flashed it to my psp and it works fine...if it doesn't work for you you're doing something wrong...

are you sure you are putting it in vsh/resource ?

try it: http://www.sendspace.com/file/r8fx7r

you should be asking for help in the help forum Aj23....
    i will go to the forum after this.... i tried your and t did not work either.... i am using psp wardrobe is taht the reason why?

Rob S. is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by BioToxxx
    Can you split a 01-12 with different image sizes? I think a split just cuts at 6.176k intervals, the normal spread. That partial full size image there is exactly 6.176k of the image so i kinda think that the split cut it and the rest of it would be in the next slot but I dont know it it would show in a split since theres not a proper image header on that second half ya know? If the little 60x34 ones are showin up corrupt I'm thinkin they just didnt start at the proper places. Images can only start at the begining the 12 preset lines.
    hey BioToxxx,

true, his full image size is showing as 6.176k, but i have used your tutorial, and after creating the 01-12.bmp, i split it and the full size image shows up with no corruption

i think he's doing something wrong

that's sexeh :mrgreenthumbsup:

BioToxxx is offline -Hacks Smarty

ahhh i think I know what he did. He prolly chose the second start point in the 01-12 hex, rather than the next available one after the end of the .jpg first image. Ya gotta find the end of the image you paste in, then find the next available slot after the end of that one, not just the second image slot.

If the one full size playstation one is the only high rez one youre putting on I would suggest pasting it directly into slot 12 (#00010960) and leaving the first 11 normal size to use all ur slots to the best potential.

Glad ya like my mannequins Robs :mrgreen: here's the bg if ya want it

Currently tweeking 3.03 OEC

elver is offline -Hacks Smarty

ok i'm having reeeeeeal trouble with this background stuff :posessed: i used these 6 images:

and compressed them in photoshop CS2
    I then added some blank bytes (0000) to the end of each image to make each one upto 12.352 using Hex Workshop. I then merged them in workshop following your tutorial and it didn't work so I PM'ed yourself and undertaxx on qj who then came back and gave me a link to the finished image. When i put it on my memorystick (due to my redirected vshmain.prx) and loaded it on my PSP only had 1 image... THAT I HADN'T SEEN BEFORE!!! so i PM'ed undertaxx and he said that he had replaced my first image with another one because Vista had told him it was courupt, which is fair enough but it i don't understand why it was corupt anyway, The only image in my theme column wasthis new one so i reloaded a few PRX's and RCO then i checked the 01-12.bmp and it was only 6.176k... an un merged image!!! so i again PM'ed undertaxx, who must be busy right now because he hasn't answered, I then just tried a single image to see what it looks like and i am getting white boxes... WHITE BOXXXXXES!!! :posessed: So i then resized the images... MORE WHITE BOXXXXXES!!! I am now at the stage of drinking large amounts of alcohol and sobbing because my PSP is being so friggin awkward can someone please...PLEASE help me :(

The un-resized pack uploaded for undertaxx is here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/dv7c6k
    http://www.xpango.com?ref=90459539
    These are actually free Gadgets!!! using a credit system (like pyrimid schemes but legal) the more help the better!
    Youtube is full of the results!

BioToxxx is offline -Hacks Smarty

lol take a breath elver, ill take a look at it right now for ya.

K here's the workin one. Ya shrunk em just fine and padded perfectly, but there is no need to pad out a full rez image, the psp's screen will be full with the images data so the padded area never gets a chance to show. Ya can just leave whatever garbage is between the end of a full rez one and the start of the next. Also these BGs, being full 480x272 will show white boxes on original sony icons. Youll need to put a complete, subicons and all, topmenu_plugin on for there to not be any white boxes or use 460x281 images.

A few of the images are showing as white boxes in the theme list, I think it is a result of the padding but im not sure. They all work just fine though. If you get a white screen when selecting one just choose that slot anyway and enter theme again and it should load the image on the second time. Also ya got ur image sizes just right to fit 2 slots each but slot 12 can be filled with whatever size so rather than just burn slot 12 I put your last image there and put a solid black one in 11 for ya.

http://biotoxxx.com/images/psp/Elver...vers_01-12.zip

Currently tweeking 3.03 OEC

Quote Originally Posted by BioToxxx
    ahhh i think I know what he did. He prolly chose the second start point in the 01-12 hex, rather than the next available one after the end of the .jpg first image. Ya gotta find the end of the image you paste in, then find the next available slot after the end of that one, not just the second image slot.

If the one full size playstation one is the only high rez one youre putting on I would suggest pasting it directly into slot 12 (#00010960) and leaving the first 11 normal size to use all ur slots to the best potential.

Glad ya like my mannequins Robs :mrgreen: here's the bg if ya want it

http://biotoxxx.com/images/psp/quins.jpg
    thanx :mrgreenthumbsup:

Elver Wrote:

"I am now at the stage of drinking large amounts of alcohol and sobbing"

lmfao

elver is offline -Hacks Smarty

K here's the workin one.
    Thank you sooooo much, biotoxxx you have turned me from the whiskey

You have really made my day

Long live the glorious biotoxxx! :)
    http://www.xpango.com?ref=90459539
    These are actually free Gadgets!!! using a credit system (like pyrimid schemes but legal) the more help the better!
    Youtube is full of the results!

SJ
    SJ is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

where can i get a origanl 01-12.bmp because all i can find is the files "01.bmp 02.bmp .... 12.bmp"
    never mind i made my own out of those files.

-=Amatuer-FX=-

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast