Thread: 936 National Geographic and 257 Windows High Quality PSP Wallpapers @480x272

ajnauron is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default 936 National Geographic and 257 Windows High Quality PSP Wallpapers @480x272

I was doing a little converting with Irfanview yesterday and I thought it would be nice to share the results. I ended up with 936 National Geographic and 257 Windows wallpapers. These are 480x272 high quality JPGs that I intend to use primarily as PSP wallpapers, and as a result of the resolution they are very small in filesize, each pic is ~150kb.

I'm going to say up front that it didn't take much work or time for me to do this. All I did was drag a folder of images into the Irfanview batch resizer box. I just wanted to share the results. The resizing process takes very little time, even on a computer like mine with a single core processor, so you might want to give it a try. I added two pics from wikipedia to the windows wallpapers pack because they look like they could have been official windows wallpapers. A few sample pics:

National Geographic:

Windows Wallpapers:

You can download the packages here:

Windows Wallpapers(29MB)

National Geographic(89MB)

For maximum effect, I recommend you use these wallpapers with Mudbone's Windows 7 QL theme, a theme which I helped beta test:

You can get it for 5.00 M33-6 and 5.50 GEN-D3.

Argeoff is offline -Hacks Ninja

O.O can u post more of the nicer national geographic wallpapers ? 89 mb is kinda of big.

Btw good job, really nice pic here
    Proud Owner : PSP 2000, Fully hackable mobo, 5.50 GEN-D2, 5.50 GEN-D3
    Fan Of One Piece, Chopper !!!

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

What resolution were these wallpapers before you resized them? When I resize wallpapers they look stretched because 480x272 is a different aspect ration than the ones I use.

ajnauron is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Argeoff View Post
    O.O can u post more of the nicer national geographic wallpapers ? 89 mb is kinda of big.

Btw good job, really nice pic here
    As requested, I picked out the best ones, this archive is 62MB in size.

Get it here.

If you need it smaller I suggest you download this and delete all those that you don't like.

@Organized chaos: the aspect ratios were varied for me. However, mine don't look noticeably stretched too much so if yours do, yours were probably 4:3 to start with, and I'd recommend cropping the top and bottom of those to get 16:9.
    Last edited by ajnauron; 04-29-2010 at 10:53 PM.