Thread: JoblessPunk DESIGNS™ Presents: Sony PSP Slim JP Edition

JoblessPunk is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Lance Warstrife is offline -Hacks Smarty

the customizations are pretty sick

Steven_PSN-14 is offline -Hacks Member

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! I WANT THAT!

theEvilOne is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Why did you post the link to your site 8 times? You could have just made the text bold or red instead of making your thread look like spam.

jakestillis is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by theEvilOne View Post
    Why did you post the link to your site 8 times? You could have just made the text bold or red instead of making your thread look like spam.
    why is that relevant?

nice mod bro! now mass-produce it so my lazy ass can just buy one!

Quote Originally Posted by jakestillis View Post
    nice mod bro! now mass-produce it so my lazy ass can just buy one!
    I'm working on it bra,
    I'll hit everyone up with more news when I have something to talk about haha

Mick is offline Coma -Hacks Titan

are you looking for fellow modders or something more pro?

I updated my blog, I kinda want to keep this thread up to date with my blog news. any Admin's please let me know if that is not ok.

Blog update October 6th, 2009:
    Say NO to the PSP GO - Part 2: Thank you!
    First off, I want to thank all the websites that are broadcasting my video.

Here’s a list I got with a quick Google search:
    PSP-Hacks.com
    QJ.net
    HackaDay.com
    EnGadet.com

If you are hosting my information and I don’t have you on my list, first, thank you! second, if would like me to add you to this list please email me at:
    JoblessPunkDESIGNSpsp@gmail.com

I would also like to thank everyone that has watched my video and/or commented it! I have read them all, the good the bad and the stupid. But, why are there not more “photoshoped.” Comments?!? Come on, is this the internet or not?? Lol, also I’m so happy to see that there are a huge amount of people that want this as much as I do. I’ve been answering emails all day and I still have more to go through! So thank you, thank you, and thank you. I’m hoping we make a big enough wave that Sony , maybe, just maybe will see what everyone has been wanting….and, if my website gets deleted and my videos are taken down you can come to the conclusion that Sony got a hold of me and beat me to death with a PSP-Go

I would also like to point out something that kinda sucks.
    A lot of people don’t seem to see what I’m trying to do. Yes, I hear all of you that say “OMG this has been done before! Why is he acting like he came up with them?!?”
    First off, if anyone has actually dug a little deeper under the surface you will see my worklog. I credit and thank everyone that helped me build my JP Edition PSP. I make sure that everyone that deserves credit gets it, I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes and I’m not trying to. The only thing that I want is to show the mass public is that 1.) This can be done, so don’t buy into Sony’s bullshit, and 2.) That I want to bring all these cool mods to the mass public.

Thank you everyone and I hope to have some news about actually mass producing something soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KoukiMonster View Post
    are you looking for fellow modders or something more pro?
    I'm looking for fellow modders and people that can help me along the way.
    For modling the cases I need someone that knows CAD so we can make them as clean and professionally done as possible, then I need someone that knows how to make molds or knows of a place that can poor plastic or what ever they do to make them.

That's kinda the next step, taking the idea and figuring out how to mass produce it.

Default Sony needs to understand that the Gamer is who THEY should be working for and not the

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sony needs to understand that the Gamer is who THEY should be working for and not the other way around.
    Someone emailed me asking:
    "...I wanted to ask what sort of strategy you had for bring this "to the masses" and what kinds of partnerships are you looking for."

I thought it was a very good question that probably a lot of you are wondering. So here is my reply. I hope this answers all those questions.

"As for bringing this to the community this is my thought:
    Yes, I know I tell people at the end of my video to "check out my worklog and you can do this to"; and that's not a very good business plan. But, I don't want to be shady and hide things from people. The mass public is smart, and will always try to find out how they can 1.) Get it cheap or free; and 2.) Do it there self. Instead of making it harder for people, I'm just laying all the information out on the table.

"Here's the info, here's how to do it, but... If you use my cases, and my plug-and-play extensions then your life will be a lot easier."

This is where my business comes into play. If you or anyone checks out my worklog you will notice that it is REALLY HARD to produce a PSP like this from hand. A lot of trial and error, a lot of time, and a lot of skill is required. My idea is that everyone that's interested in PSP's probably owns one or two of them. So, with the base model in everyone's hand I will build off of that. What I will like to bring to the plate is my own Faceplates/UMD doors/Backplates along with "Plug and Play" extensions. So that anyone with a PSP and a screw driver can take the stock Faceplate/UMD door/Backplate off and replace it with my own version. These replacements will be done by plastic injected molds and will look just like Sony's but with all my mods done to them. As for the "Plug and Play" I want to have little kits made for each extension. If you were to do this manually you have to take small wire and solder it to really small parts, and that's a pain. My idea is to make kind of "clips" that clip on the section of the motherboard that you would normally solder to.

So in the end any PSP owner could buy my version of the PSP case with my "Plug and Play" extensions, take the 5 screws out of the PSP that holds it together, "clip" on the extensions, swap Sony's PSP case with my version of the case and screw back in the 5 screws. It will be very easy for anyone to do, I might even offer the correct size screwdriver so the customer just needs there PSP and no more than 30 minutes.

As for partnerships I need anyone and everyone that can help. If you can help me financially, technically, factory-runs, or any skills that will help me along the way will be welcomed. The PSP I show in the video is just a Prototype in the big scheme of things. I'm showing the public "look, it can be done, don't listen to Sony's bullshit." It really saddens me at what Sony is doing with the PSP. It is a great hand held and it has so much potential, but they are destroying what they have made. I know that everyone in the PSP community has been begging Sony to add a second nub, but they don't listen. When the PSP-3000 came out I was really disappointed. Who the hell voted to add a mic on the PSP but no camera? That’s like saying "here's tires but you don't get a car". Then when the PSP-GO was announced I was even more upset. No one ever wanted anything like what they have announced. The closest thing I saw was that some people wanted the screen on a hinge so you could close it and your screen wouldn't get scratched.

I'm really glad my video is getting so much attention — good and bad — so just maybe, Sony will listen to what the customers want and stop building products for people that need "the newest thing out right now." I bet that if Sony built what I just did their stocks would soar, there public appearance would go up, and the amount of games being purchase would skyrocket. Sony needs to understand that the Gamer is who they should be working for and not the other way around."

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

I want 10 mins on the couch with Midori Longo.
    *Drools*