Thread: Full Replacement Housing for PSP 1000??

Bearmon is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default Full Replacement Housing for PSP 1000??

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.d...%20full%20view

I read about cons there.. Anybody have had bought it from there and does it fit perfectly fine ? Apperance is perfectly the same as original ? Thats what I want to know. Thanks.

Bearmon is offline -Hacks Smarty

Anybody had experience with this replacement housing for psp 1001 from this link?

Annvin is offline -Hacks Newbie

well, i don't have one, i want to buy one to play the 3ds roms games, but ... i am sad *Spam Link Deleted*, never give up.

Do not spam your sites here.
    Next time you will be banned.

Thankyou
    Jibbz
    Last edited by jibbz; 07-09-2010 at 01:11 PM.

pbanj is offline -Hacks Newbie

all the replacement cases fit the same they fit ok but you will want to use the oem shoulder buttons as the ones that come with the replacements dont fit to well if you have the money you can get an oem case off ebay or do what i did get an oem back ane a camy pro gear faceplate fits great and has the same style of the oem
    i got mine from this guy http://stores.ebay.com/korea31__W0QQ...&submit=Search

godzilla is offline -Hacks Newbie

It fits fine, but the buttons feels a bit weird. I used the original D-pad and XOtrianglesquare buttons.

kilr4hir1996 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

i have a clear blue one but, you just need to know what your doing.
    Free ISO/CSO Site #1 if i helped you. +rep plz
    PSP 1001 sliver faceplate| 6.20 OFW | 2GB Real MS
    New to PSP hacking? Click here.

randpost is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have 2 full housing replacements, and they are both different manufacturers (Chinese). The buttons are okay, but they don't work or fit as well as the originals.

Some problems may arise with the replacement housing, like normal plastic deformities etc. I had to sand down parts of my back housing to get the UMD drive to close all the way. It was easy to do, and I went into this project with a "model airplane/car" state of mind.

I also had to sand down parts of the faceplate where the D-pad is. the faceplate made my up button stick. Again, another easy fix. Last sanding I did was to the plastic hole for the analog housing. It needed just a little sanding and done. The Housing replacement fits perfectly now. I use the new buttons instead of the originals except for the L and R buttons. The d-pad makes a bit of noise when pressing the directions, but they work as well as the originals.

All sanding was done to the inside part of the housing. The exterior of either one of my replacements was perfect.

8-20$ for a case depending on where you by from, and this will make your PSP feel new. It just take a little patience. And it's always a good idea to seperate your screws for different parts of the PSP. I used plastic bottle caps and arranged all the separate parts of my PSP on the table in association to where I removed them from. Made everything a bit easier.

Take a look at multiple tutorials, I prefer non video tutorials with images.
    Last edited by randpost; 12-12-2010 at 09:18 PM.