Thread: Persona 3 portable(P3P)

Kerrigan666 is offline -Hacks Ninja

Default Persona 3 portable(P3P)

This game has really exceeded my expectations.It is the first persona game i have ever played and i honestly give it a 8/10.Game length is massive (over 40 hours of gameplay).Graphics are decent, enemy models have a good variety, dungeons are randomly generated although after a while apart from the wallpaper they all look the same.Combat is pretty standard turn based.The most awesome feature is it's seemingly endless character evolutionary ladder as you have what is called "personas".Personas are a different personality that contains element resistances and different group of spells.The great thing is that you can combine two or more personas to get a new one,retaining some of the old spells but also discovering new.As you level up, the persona that you currently use levels up also aquiring new spells and gaining status points.You can also fuse weapons.However this is only half the side of P3P.The other side is a 2d emulation of Sims(although pre destined if you want to get max bonuses).You have to go to school, make friendships, get girlfriends(the best part is when you sleep with them), joining student council and other extracurricular activities of your choosing.This helps you get away from the monotonous process of grinding and for me is the best aspect of the game.The game also has more than one endings depending on the choices you make.

The only thing that i actually hate in the game is an animation where every time you cast a spell you put a gun( called Evoker) to your head and pull the trigger to commit suicide and release the persona hidden inside you.I seriously freaked out with that scene as it emulates committing suicide.Anyway this has already been covered in another post i have made here:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f119...table-t263579/
    Another thing i also don't like is thet you have a finite number of days to complete the game objectives anf after that the game ends anyway.You also can't choose when to do the boss fights although you have more than enough time to prepare.

Overall this is a great game and i recommend anyone(prefferably over 16) to play it.

Last edited by Kerrigan666; 09-13-2010 at 08:54 AM.
    Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity.Lately i am beginning to doubt the first - Albert Einstein

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

theres a remake of the first game also that was released on PSP if you want to play that

Kerrigan666 is offline -Hacks Ninja

You mean Shin Megami Tensei - Persona ?
    Is it very different from persona 3?I hate to play an almost identical game with worse graphics....
    Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity.Lately i am beginning to doubt the first - Albert Einstein

HollowNinja is offline -Hacks Newbie

Persona 1 PSP is a lot different from P3P. A lot. Skip it, it's not a great game.

As for Persona 3 itself, the PS2 version is better. However, it's still a great game for fans of the PS2 version, with the added female viewpoint.

bale141 is offline -Hacks Newbie

If you can change them to letters
    _____

ahmed