Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GTA Liberty City Stories... Where do I stand Legally?

phOny is offline -Hacks Newbie

Okay, PSP arrived yesterday and I bought this game, My PSP has 1.50 firmware and after loading the game i realise it needs 2.0 firmware. The firmware upgrade is on the disk but i dont a) want to upgrade firmware and b) dont feel i should be bullied into it. I was wondering where I stand legally as nowhere on the case does it say that owners for firmware lower than 2.0 will need to upgrade to play it. This is now a waste of money to the tune of £33 and im pretty annoyed at the moment... can i take it back to the store and be within my rights to demand a refund as it doesnt state that it wont work with 1.50?

p4ch3c0 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I never though of that... Hmm... :?

Razalom is offline -Hacks Newbie

Its at least worth a go taking it back. If I had bought it I would take it back.

Alex187 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Luckily you live in the UK, and we have laws:

Your rights when shopping - buying goods

The law says that goods must be:

...fit for their purposes, including any particular purpose mentioned by you to the seller – for example, if you are buying a computer game and you explain you want one that can be played on a particular machine, the seller must not give you a game that cannot be played on that machine
    as described - on the package or a display sign, or by the seller. If you are told that a shirt is 100% cotton, then it should not turn out to be cotton and polyester...
    http://www.oft.gov.uk/Consumer/Your+...ying+goods.htm

Where did you buy it from? Most retailers will at least let you exchange it for another game

shuman is offline -Hacks Newbie

I was having the same problem with Burnout : Legends. all you have to do is go to the

Download section on this site

Then PSPHomebrew

Then Misc. Apps & Tools

http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/21/

and download the PSPset file. In this application you can let it patch your firmware from 1.00 to 1.50 to 1.52 to 2.00 you just select "set version 2.00"
    and then quit the application and then the game works. thats how easy it was for me. no problems at all. hope this helps

P.S. for safe downgrade from 2.00 to 1.50 go to
    [url=http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000687060851/]http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000687060851/

sco2001 is offline -Hacks Newbie

that doesnt work for gta mate

Spartan 117 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

or Socom :cry:
    lol @ Thread

© Spartan 117. 2005-2019. All rights Reserved, lol

Need X-Box 360 help, Click Here!

gotta do it the hard way then and any time you want to use homebrew gotta overflow and then downgrade and any time u want to play a new game update to 2.00 that comes with GTA :cry:

barnes8 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I whoudnt Update with the GTA disc, theres rumors around that you cant downgrade. I sugest get the EBOOT from this site to be safe.

rumor...i wish. i got gta today and decided to update figuring since they released a 2.01 that the 2.00 with the game was safe... it wasn't. overflow won't work. sony got me...for now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast