Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: smackdown vs raw 2006

ianruk is offline -Hacks Neophyte

hey i just brought smackdown vs raw 2006 for my psp got it home and relised i need to upgrade to 2.50 i dont want to because of my emulatrs and stuff
    is there a way i can play it? like the no update umd starter 2.0 is there a 2.50 one??
    i need help

LeftEar is offline -Hacks Hacker

I have no idea but I tried the game on my friends psp and it sucks so I would trade it in for something that can run on a 2.0

Dansco is offline -Hacks Member

hey i just brought smackdown vs raw 2006 for my psp got it home and relised i need to upgrade to 2.50 i dont want to because of my emulatrs and stuff
    is there a way i can play it? like the no update umd starter 2.0 is there a 2.50 one??
    i need help
    Jesus, search for it. If you want to play it, say goodbye to homebrew :twisted:
    Current firmware running : v3.10-OE.
    Recommended game(s) : GTA:LCS & WSOP.
    Current games playing : GTA:LCS, UEFA CL, PES7, WSOP & Tiger Woods \'07.
    Previous firmware versions : v1.0, v1.5 (several times), v2.0 (few times), v2.7 & v3.03.

azaze7 is offline -Hacks Newbie

oh man, i've got this game weeks ago and i'm still enjoying all the homebrew i can get. all I do is that I run the game from 2.0 and trick the firmware into thinking it was 2.5 with 'pspsetx'. this way, i could still downgrade to 1.5 for homebrew or upgrade to 2.0 to play almost all my umds. heres the basic steps i took to being able to play this game without upgrading to 2.5.

step 1 - make sure the psp's firmware is 2.0.

step 2 - download fanjita's eboot loader v.0.9 so that you can run the psp firmware tricker. you can find the eboot loader over here http://www.fanjita.org/.

step 3 - download the firmware tricker 'pspsetx 0.2' at http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/179.

step 4 - install both of those programs onto a memory stick and make sure you follow their installation instructions right. If everything is in the right place, your almost set.

step 5 - run the eboot loader and once that is running, load pspsetx and change the firmware in there to 2.5. now you can play some 2.5 games including wwe sd vs raw without having to upgrade. when your done, i suggest switching it back to 2.0 so that if you run anything else, you won't be running it on the fake firmware (which i heard isn't a good thing to do).

Will4042 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

nobody knew that and has been doing it *wink* *wink*
    kodachiNET Owner
    irc.kodachi.net #kodachi
    kodachi.net
    YES ADS!

just giving a little help to someone that is still questioning how to play a 2.5 game, nothing much. had i thought bout it earlier, i would've just searched for a topic that already had these instructions but i was too lazy. just hoping this fella didn't upgrade his psp since I was once in his position and was so tempted.

Popcorn is offline -Hacks Newbie

Would I be able to play the UK version on an American psp? That way I could play it at 2.0. I really don't like having to risk my psp getting bricked because of the pspsetx version changer. :(

Will4042 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

i think u can play the UK version cuz i dont think games are region encoded cuz i played the jap lumines on mine, and pspsetx wont brick u it is safer then the downgrader and thats still really safe
    kodachiNET Owner
    irc.kodachi.net #kodachi
    kodachi.net
    YES ADS!

agreed, although I freaked out the first few times :eek: . now that i know how it works, i've been switching the firmware plenty of times without a problem. however, i am careful not to run anything else while using the fake firmware untill I reset it back to 2.0, just to be on the safe side.

Syn13 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

hey I'm new to this and have some questions about this.

Anyway the things required for WWE to run is the UMD game(not the iso), Fanjita loader and PSPsetX right? And it works perfectly? I wanna try this with a game that just came out(Super Robot Wars MX Portable) and wanna know for certain that it works perfectly because I'll be paying over $50 for this heh heh.

Thanks in advanced.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast