Thread: Harvest Moon: Innocent Life Guide.

zero129 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Ok, i thought this would be a good place to start making a Game Guide for this game with some common questions etc.
    If everyone could help add stuff to it that would be great, and i will do my best to keep this page updated as much as possible with what you add.

I've already collected some Questions and Answers so ill start by posting them here.

the Q&A's i have collected so far have all come from people over at gamefags so a big thanks to them that includes.
    NeoDraven, bibi24, PaulAtreides, XonX, chris18790, maximumraid.

If the is anything in this guide that i've added belong to you just add your name here and what part you wrote
    and ill add your name to the list.

SUMMER
    --Fume Quest--
    To clear the fumes in the cave (in town)
    - put Earth Power Sand on the spots
    - till, water
    - plant Lavender or Rosemary Herbs seeds.
    - water every day (or use Strange Moss)

You can get Lavender/Rosemary herbs in SUMMER (after the Summer Day 28 accident), from Shop-a-Million vending machine at your ruins (Blue Door facing the ruins).

IF THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE:
    I had to talk to Gallion first (Million's dad), he is behind Million's upstairs sitting on sofa, room where Masami is sleeping. You talk to him in the morning, before the store opens.

He told me about the accident at the construction site, and how an old recipe of herbs and Earth Power Sand will clear the fumes. He told his son to get both items in stock.

After that the seeds were in stock at Shop-a-Million vending machine, as well as Earth Power Sand at Million's.

I did this on Day35 Summer, Sunday.

You HAVE TO do this in SUMMER, if you wait till autumn you cannot buy the seeds anymore. You can however grow the seeds into autumn.

Prize you get for clearing the fumes is free upgrades for your robot. Otherwise you can upgrade your robot manually, starting Autumn Day 14 from Dr.Hope, by giving him Plain Ores.

Anyway this event will start on day 28 after dr.hope told you there is an accident in the cave , so go find gillion after that

WINTER
    Q: Memory Sprite *CONFIRMED, MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*
    A: ALL STEPS CAN BE DONE IN WINTER.

1) PLANT and SHIP at least 20 Poinsettia Flowers before Winter Day 24.

SEEDS:
    - Buy Poinsettia seeds from Million's or Shop-a-Million vending machines in ruins.
    - Talk to Gallion (Million & Masami's father) in the morning, located 2nd floor of Million's. He will give you 20 Poinsettia Seeds for free.

HOW TO PLANT IN WINTER:
    a) Special Watering Can- Monsoon Watering Can
    b) Special Water- Spirit Water
    LOCATED:
    Ruins -> Storage Level -> Bottom Right Blue Door -> Go outside from there either left or right door.

2) Go to WINTER PARTY on Day 24 at Mayor's house.
    - Go to mayor's house on Day 24.
    - Go to mayor's house on Day 23 Night, talk to Dorothy in the kitchen and bake cake together.
    You will fall asleep and will be at the party automatically.
    *To bake cake you need to have watched all Cooking TV Episodes.

Talk to EVERYONE at the party, then talk to Dr.Hope, then you will leave the party together.
    After that Memory Sprite will appear.

There are several hints in the game for this-
    Hint #1
    - Talk to second fairy twice,
    "Memory Sprite enjoys flowers, and he does too, that's how they share a bond. It would be fun to see lots of Poinsettia in pure white snow."

Hint #2
    - Talk to Hermit, before she leaves for Mermaid Tower.
    ".... need something MAJOR to happen for Memory Sprite to appear."

Hint #3
    - Talk to Masumi in the morning, behind Million's.
    "Winter Party on Day 24. Wants you to ship at least 20 Poinsettia, so it will reach accross to Dr.Hope's house."

Q: i've met with memory spirte then i got into a tree.. then i talked with water spirte.. then she told me about going into east lake to get something..i went into east lake and nothing was there.

A: The water spirit should have created a whole in the frozen lake. But before, you should have 4 green jewels. Put them on your field to unlock the green door.

To get to the unlocked green door, cross the once broken bridge. Go left, past the cave entrance, into the next area. Here, enter the cave, and take a right. Go into the next area on your right. Now, go north, and take the right path. Just follow the path, the green door should be in the middle (of the little passageway).

Just follow all the way to the bottom. You'll get the fire spirit. It'll automatically go to your farm, so backtrack and go to your farm. Take it, and head for the lake. You should be able to go down and save the island from eruption.

I would suggest you complete this this winter, as if not, you'd have to wait until winter of year 2.

After the festival on winter 24th --- SPIOLER ---

Q: I've just taken the fire emblem but I can't find the frosen lake, where I have to find the "Graal", that has been showed to me by the water spirit.
    Can someone help me??

A: From your farm, go and cross the bridge. Go into the next area. Here, go northeast, so that you're going alongside the edge. There should come a point where you are able to go down. Here is the lake.

If you know how to get to the mushroom area from the area across the bridge then all you have to know is that the lake area is a little west of the mushroom area.

MISC QUESTIONS.
    Q: Where is the Mushroom contest located?

A: At the bar in the evening.
    Prize for helping Nana in Mushroom contest, is Earth Power Sand.
    You talk to the Gym teacher at the bar in evening to get it.

Q: Right, i've fully upgraded my robot, (Carry, Quick, Power & Charge), but when I choose to equip one, it says equipped, but nothing actually happens.Take Charge, it says "This makes your maximum PP twice its normal value. See robot to have it attached, but to do you do that? Every time I go near the robot, he just moves away.

A: The upgrades seem to be for your character. Your character usually has 200 points of energy. If you choose the last one and check your character energy level (by pressing R and going to the character information), you'll see that your energy bar is now 400. However, the extra 200 points is not automatically filled, which means your bar will always be half full, at the most. Just use one of the chambers.

Q: The doctor told me that nana wants to talk 2 me does anyone know where nana is??

A: School, music room, the one playing piano.

Q: Why are my jewels in teh farm floating??

A: floating jewels allows you to switch them with other colored jewels.
    And if you wondering how this is useful, it means if you had say 4 of the same jewels floting, and 4 other jewel, not all the same in your posession, you can replace the 4 same one, and move those into another socket, which in turn means you can unlock more seals on the farm :).

Q: where's the 4th purple jewel?
    A: after you find memory spirit. which is 24 winter.

Q: Who is Dorothy? Doctor said she wanted to talk to me, but I can't find her.
    A: Dorothy is the Mayor's wife, she talks to everyone and is extremely hard to find. Remember to check in every building on every floor, as I've seen her talking to wife of the rich family.

Q: In the mermaid tower, what is the combination for the door on the 3rd floor?
    A: Spring Summer Fall Winter (T-R, B-L, T-L, B-R (I think)

Q: Simple way to upgrade your hoe and hammer to max in one day
    A: After Summer 28th, the Sunday where the accident happens at the construction site, you will be able to purchase Earth Power Sand and Lavender seeds. This lets you place the sand on the un-tillable area in the cave in town. As soon as you have, place your hammer and hoe next to each other in your inventory. Then keep alternately hammering and hoeing the same patch of soil. When your PP runs out, take your buggy back to Dr. Hope's, and hop in the Shine Pod. Full PP.

Time does not pass in the cave, so you only lose 24 minutes for each Shine Pod visit. You'll gain 50 SP for each tool, each visit to the cave. With some dedication, you can max your tools in one day.

The is alot of things i still need to add, or if anyone else would like to give a detailed guide for finding the hermit lady, the water chest etc, please add them and i'll add them to the guide

\"EA is like something that came right from star wars, they are the empire trying to take over all the small rebel game makers who stands in their way\".

NeoDraven is offline -Hacks Smarty

You just stole everything on here from GameFaqs/GameStop. That part about upgrading your tools in one day is stolen WORD FOR WORD from my post. You, sir, are a plagiarist. You gave credit to NO ONE on "your guide".

Bad form.
    Have No Way as Way;
    Have No Limitation as Limitation. - Bruce Lee

zero129 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDraven
    You just stole everything on here from GameFaqs/GameStop. That part about upgrading your tools in one day is stolen WORD FOR WORD from my post. You, sir, are a plagiarist. You gave credit to NO ONE on "your guide".

Bad form.
    Did you even read what i put at the top of the page?.

If everyone could help add stuff to it that would be great, and i will do my best to keep this page updated as much as possible with what you add.

I've already collected some Questions and Answers so ill start by posting them here.
    I never once said i was the one who wrote that stuff, i said i collected some Questions and Answeres to post here.

When i collected them Q&A's i was meanly doing it for myself so i saved them onto a text doc, and then today since they where helpful to me i decided to post them here, and i didn't have the time to go back to gamefags and read god only knows how many posts to find the right
    ones so i could post who said what.

Ether way i could of worded my post a bit better and said thanks to the people who posted this stuff over at gamefags to help us all out, and that includes you, but at the time of me posting this it was pretty much a copy and past job as i was in a hurry and when i got the chance i would of most likely of added credit where it was due.

Anyway im sorry if i offended you, and i will re write my post to add thanks to the people who posted them guides etc over at gamefags.

\"EA is like something that came right from star wars, they are the empire trying to take over all the small rebel game makers who stands in their way\".

gundamseedes is offline -Hacks Neophyte

hey zero.. i only have 3 green jewels.. mind stating where i can find the fourth one =\ .

edit:
    oh ya if u noticed u could also stat that the 3rd floor door in mermaid tower is in sequence of the seasons
    Spring(Flower),Summer(Sun),Fall(Maple Leaf),Winter(Snow Flake)

edit 2: and btw if u are looking for dorothy .. u can find her i think sundays only in her own house the smallest door on the left before noon

nonono is offline -Hacks Newbie

anyone know how can i awake the giant forest?

Johnnsen is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDraven

Bad form.
    And you Sir, are a smartass. Learn how to read kid.

Anyway, this is a nice Idea. If somebody adds what he finds out this could be a good help.
    Butcher Of Bitches