Thread: Pocketstation Emulator

ff7godgames is offline -Hacks Newbie

First and foremost, for those that are in the dark about the pocketstation: The pocketstation is operates like a memory card, and transfers data back and forth between a few games that supported the pocketstation, such as Final Fantasy 8 (chocobo world), and Sword of Mana. The pocketstation is not the PSP! I've seen plenty a posts confusing the two, so lets get this cleared up now.

Exophase has some great work done for the Pocketstation, find that at: http://exophase.devzero.co.uk/ps_info.txt

So I'm just trying to throw out a couple suggestions, mainly, I'm hoping someone picks up this project for Chocobo World - I know there's plenty out there, like myself, that would love to be able to use this with the POPstation saves - I think it would be most advantageous to take the save data from Chocobo World emulation, and transfer it over to the PSP save data. ie: Chocoboworld save -> SCEVMC1.VMP

Sorry, I'm a little bit in a hurry, so its hard to get out my ideas, please post. I will be checking back on a regular basis.

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

pocketstation was like the VMU on the deamcast

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

wenyong is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

is that neogeo portable or something? Cause i remembered i played king of fighter on it before...

waldog is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by wenyong
    is that neogeo portable or something? Cause i remembered i played king of fighter on it before...
    No. It's called pocket station.

okay, hopefully we've got that first part out of the way now :P

My question is, for all those hackers and programmers out there, is there a possibility to convert save data from a pocketstation emulator such as <a href = "http://www.megagames.com/psx/psx_pocketstation.shtml">PKEMU</a> to the save mem card of a POPstation game, in this instance Final Fantasy VIII?

To my knowledge, so far, no one has emulated Chocobo World (CW), but there should be enough data out there to do so. Also there is Chocobo World for the PC version of FF8, I'm sure some of this can be used for data on rom conversion. And finally, I know the chances are very unlikely, but is there any possiblity - if none of the above are possible - to take the save data from PC version of CW, and do something to it to use it for PSP?

thanks.

What you need:
    PSXmemtool http://psxmemtool.ngemu.com/
    Final Fantasy VIII (PC)

Take the save data (PC) and convert it to PSX format, seems like I'm stuck again however; does anybody know how to convert PSX save data to the save type POPstation uses?