Thread: Phasing out blood in our favorite games?

makaveddie is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Hey guys,

Has anyone else noticed that they're taking blood out of our favorite games? I'm not saying that the game is worse without it, but I like the fact that when you shoot people, blood comes out instead of them just falling to the floor. Isn't that what realism is all about?

MGS:PO - Blood is completely removed from the picture. This game, which is one of the PSP's best, lost one of its competitive advantages - the violent goodness we enjoyed on ps2, etc...

Prince of Persia - One of the reasons I loved this game was the immense amount of savagery. In the newest installment, blood is replaced by dust...

Medal of Honor - One of my favorite games for the PSP, especially multiplayer (you can find me under the name HPV Warts :))... bloodless

The list goes on... while we can take comfort in the fact that games like GTA kept the blood, I worry... I just saw three new gameplay videos for the new Syphon Filter, the sequel to quite possibly my favorite game for the PSP, and I see shooting... but no blood. Hopefully they add it later!

Are they trying to kiddie the PSP down to Teen, or worse yet, the K-A level? For that, I'll get a (gasp!) ds!!

They should at LEAST offer a choice between bloodless and bloody. It's gotta be a very easy move on the part of the developers, and would allow sony to adhere to its adult market, while servicing the up-and-coming younger generation.

Don't tell me I'm the only one who has noticed... Someone help me out, please.

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

HPV Warts...i've killed you before

Blackwestcoast is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

ure right, blood in a game is thrilling! Specially when it splatters in the wall like Half-Life 2

Quote Originally Posted by p0op
    HPV Warts...i've killed you before
    Likewise :)

What's your user name?

Los
    Los is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwestcoast
    ure right, blood in a game is thrilling! Specially when it splatters in the wall like Half-Life 2
    True :lol:

Xbox Live Gamertag & Playstation Network ID: Los255

VuZuW is offline -Hacks Guru

I remember 4 years ago (I was ten) Half Life used to scare the shit outa me

NBNP is offline -Hacks Ninja

Just wait for manhunt to come out, If its bloodless, we will complain. If the sequal to the most bloodest, voilent game is "censored" then we will know something is up

Once The Pandora Battery Came, Sony Should Of Just Packed Up And Went Home. WE WIN
    GO! Messenger: NBNP

beastrn is offline -Hacks Newbie

Yeah - what about Manhunt2?

That better be gory as fuck.

My rant was more a concern about their taking the adult-oriented psp and pushing it for kids by taking the (much-needed, in my opinion) blood out of games. Sony, like nintendo, has recognized that parents dont' complain about violence if there's no blood.

I would just hate to see the classics get taken over like that, as we have seen with MGS and potentially the new Syphon Filter.