Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Manhunt 2 Banned

myth is offline -Hacks Newbie

Manhunt 2 has been banned by the BBCF in england and is now banned in ireland by the IFCO and also has been given an adult rating by ersb in america.Statements from BBFC and IFCO are shown below:

five or six examiners of the BBCF played through "several hours of the game." Using cheat codes, they were able to play the "tops of each level." The BBFC was also furnished with a copy of the game's script. These same examiners then produced a report on their findings. The decision to ban Manhunt 2 was then made by a BBFC panel which consisted of Director and the Presidential Team of Sir Quentin Thomas, Lord Taylor of Warwick and Janet Lewis-Jones. Under the terms of the Video Recordings Act the game's distributors have the right to appeal the Board's decision.

A prohibition order has been made by IFCO in relation to the video game Manhunt 2. The Order was made on 18th June 2007 under Sec 7 (1) (b) of the Video Recordings Act 1989 which refers to 'acts of gross violence or cruelty (including mutilation and torture)'.

IFCO recognizes that in certain films, DVDs and video games, strong graphic violence may be a justifiable element within the overall context of the work. However, in the case of Manhunt 2, IFCO believes that there is no such context, and the level of gross, unrelenting and gratuitous violence is unacceptable.

I dont know about all of u guys but iv been lookin forword for the psp release cause there arnt to many great psp releases, this is just gonna make more people import and download the title (like me in ireland).Although the ban may be lifted if it is seriously cut it may not be the same game as acording to the BBFC a cut version would be impossilbe, rockstar are alredy acting on this and are considering as the last option not to release it at all.

MaHan05 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

should have figured... o well.... pretty soon... Rockstar games are going to be only sold in XXX shops... lol

killahcheese is offline -Hacks Veteran

I'm still buying it lol

Blackwestcoast is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Yea that was Front Page on the Newspapers today where i live. All I can say is WOW! Im still gon get it!

xecutor is offline -Hacks Hacker

doing shit like this just makes people want it more just because its banned..

manhunt 1 got banned here too, but it still sucked IMO :/
    PSP / TA-079 / Clear case / 4gb / 3.52 m33-2
    PS3 / black / 60gb / 2.10 / PSNID : the1djx
    360 / Elite / 120gb

TA-082_User is offline -Hacks Veteran

Good luck banning something on DVD / UMD / disc technology it's called piracy. And people trying to rate games have nothing better to do with their lives. They should commit sui....

killahcheese is offline -Hacks Veteran

yeah Honestly

No one should have the right to forcefully IMPOSE their beliefs and values to everyone because they can. Thats Hitler's job

TA-082_User is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by killahcheese
    yeah Honestly

No one should have the right to forcefully IMPOSE their beliefs and values to everyone because they can. Thats Hitler's job
    Although we all try to at some point.
    But yeah, limiting games to that kind of thing isn't right.
    If I could I'd put a bullet through that dude who tried to un-release GTA 4 and the bullet would go through his dick to make it a pussy, which makes him a pussy. Natuarally.

spacewiz is offline -Hacks Veteran

or here's a thought. just buy it via the internet. though not that it matters because we all have CFW. and besides, aren't games rated like they are in the usa? they would just slap a mautre rating on it and its just "illegal" to sell it to anyone under 18 (not that its hard to buy one anyways).
    PS3 : 300gb : 4.41 OFW
    PSP-1000 : 6.60 PRO-C Fix 3
    DSi : acekard2i - AKAIO 1.8.9

beastrn is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TA-082_User
    Quote Originally Posted by killahcheese
    yeah Honestly

Although we all try to at some point.
    But yeah, limiting games to that kind of thing isn't right.
    If I could I'd put a bullet through that dude who tried to un-release GTA 4 and the bullet would go through his dick to make it a pussy, which makes him a pussy. Natuarally.
    and you wonder why games have an AO rating? It's because of kids like you.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast